Chapter 24

Alice shakily stated, "We need a plan..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They spent hours discussing a plan. They always found a way that the plans wouldn't work. They tried to find ways around these issues. Eventually, they had all grown highly exhausted.

They did this every other day. So, after a full day of planning, they had a full day of rest. The only reason they were resting was because things like sleeping and eating are necessary for human survival.

Something about having to plan out how you, and one of the people you care for most, would avoid death is very stressful.

And to add to the stress, failure of the plan will, obviously, end in a lot of death.

Many different plans had been discussed. About a week before the next greenie was going to come, the had a plan that might work. So they set the plan into action.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A computer screen. It was all Alice could make out in the darkness of her room. Alice watch the screen in awe as the next glader was sent up and received by the glade.

Alice felt bad for the boys, especially since she considered most of them to be her older brothers. Except Gally... He isn't nice...

Alice watched as gladers fought, learned and grew. Alice just watched and she wasn't okay with that.

"Alice?" Her mother's voice ripped Alice out of her trance.

"Yeah, Mom?" Alice was really still barely paying attention.

"You need to go to bed, dear," Her mother said leaning to shut of the monitor.

"No! They are partying in the glade why can't I stay up and watch for a little longer?" Alice was pleading and begging as she moved to block the power button from her mother's view.

"Ten minutes, that is all you get," Alice's mother trailed off. Her mother tucked some of her blonde hair back into her perfectly sculpted bun.

"Okay, Mom," Alice said as she turned her attention back to the screen. She also did an action similar to her mother, tucking a loose curly strand of her matching blonde hair behind her ear.

"Remember," Alice's mother began.

"Wicked is good, I know," Alice said not giving her mother much more of a response.

"I was going to say, I love you," Alice's mother stated with a time of sadness as she moved to exit the small room.

Alice turned to face her mother and chirped cheerily, "Oh! I love you too, Mom!"

Her mother just closed the door behind her, with a big goofy grin breaking out across her aging face.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alice then woke up and got ready for the day at record speeds. After all, today was the first day of the plan...