Chapter 13

She went to sleep without saying a word to anyone, being too upset from the incident with newt earlier.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Alice!" A menacing male voice rang out. Alice's father came into view.
"Y-yes Dad," Alice responded fear in her voice. Alice didn't know why the fear was there though, it was her father who was talking to her.

"Have you bitten one of the scientists, again," her father said exaggerating the word again. Apparently, Alice had bitten the scientists before.

Alice nodded. Her father's face twisted in fury. "Why you little!" Before he finished his sentence his voice shaking with rage, he slapped Alice.

Her cheek stung. There was a red hand mark on it. Her father felt no remorse. Alice ran off crying for her mom. Her mother heard Alice's cries and came to her rescue.

Her mother quickly scooped her up into her arms. She cuddled her as she entered her office.

Alice cried in her mother's shoulder for a while. Her mother let her. After a while, her mother wiped the tears from Alice's cheeks being mindful of the hand mark on her cheek.

"Was it your father?" Her mother questioned as she gestured towards the mark. Alice couldn't muster her voice so, she just nodded.

"Go find Chuck, talk and play with him for a little while. Mommy has some business to take care of really quick," Alice's mother said setting Alice down. Alice nodded again and went to find Chuck.

When she found Chuck she told him the whole story. He looked a bit mad when she finished.

"Chuckie? Are you okay? You look a bit mad," Alice asked patting Chuck's shoulder.

"I don't like that he hits and hurts you," Chuck said balling his hands up into fists.

"My mommy doesn't like it either," Alice said trying to calm Chuck down.

"If your mom doesn't get rid of him, I will," Chuck said standing up.

"I think that's what she is doing Chuckie... I hope," Alice's voice became a whisper at the end of her statement.

Chuck pulled Alice into a hug. "I won't let anyone hurt you Alice," Chuck said before breaking away from Alice.

Alice pulled him back into the hug, holding him tighter than before while saying, "And I will never let you go!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alice woke up, a single tear streamed down her face. It was barely sunrise, but Alice chose to stay awake. She only could think of Chuck for the rest of the day. She planned to call again that night.