Chapter 5

After Minho left the map room the three went and ate dinner talking and laughing and sharing stories. Though Newt and Minho did all the talking. Alice sat silently listening to the stories giggling a bit about when Gally got knocked out by Minho, or when Newt
out-sassed Minho.

The comment on Newt out sassing Minho prompted a sass off between the two boys. After Minho won the sass battle Alice decided to beat the reigning glade champ.

"I could so out sass you easily," Alice said not even bothering to look up from her food.

"Oh really, wanna go little one, fine the sass off begins now," Minho said standing. Minho standing caused Alice to stand on her chair to make herself seem more intimidating, though it didn't work. Gladers began placing bets on who would win the sass contest.

Even without seeming very intimidating, Alice eventually won the sass battle. Minho put his hands up in surrender laughing as he did so.

"You really do have some sass hidden under all of your cuteness, but I know you wouldn't hurt a fly," Minho said seemingly having forgotten about the events of dinner the previous evening.

"Evidently you don't remember me breaking Gally's nose yesterday, so you may want to check yourself before you wreck yourself or rather I wreck you," Alice huffed and flipped her hair as she stormed off satisfied with getting the last word.

"Oh snap you just got TOLD Minho," Newt said patting Minho in the shoulder as he laughed his head off. All the gladers laughed. Even Alby and Gally. Newt walked off to go tuck Alice in.

"Goodnight Alice," Newt said patting Alice's head like he seems to do every night.

"Goodnight Newt," Alice replied as she drifted off to sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mommy why do the poke me with needles?" Alice heard her own voice talk for her.

"You are too young to understand, just know you are being a great help in saving the world," Ava Paige said, who Alice more so now recognized as her mom.

"Promise you will tell me when I am old enough to understand," Alice said looking at her mother.

"I promise Alice," her mom replied.

"Pinky promise?" Alice held out her pinky.

Her mother wrapped her pinky around Alice's and said, "Pinky promise."

As her dream, or rather memory began to fade away, meaning Alice was waking up, she heard something. Alice heard her mother whisper, "Never grow up Alice, never grow up."