Chapter 10

And Alice quickly responded, "I love you, too."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alice woke up of her own accord. Nothing specifically woke her. She had the first good night's sleep since she got to the glade. She simply woke up from being well rested.

She got dressed and went to breakfast.  She still had the wooden bird tucked in her pocket.

When she arrived at breakfast, she remembered the box was coming today. She couldn't wait to find out if her wishes had been granted. She quickly inhaled her food out of excitement.

"Slow down kid, we don't need you to choke," Newt said placing a hand in Alice's shoulder. Alice jumped at the touch. She took Newt's advice and slowed down.

Alice deciding to actually speak for the first time in over 24 hours asked, "So... The box comes up today right?"

Minho gasped, "She speaks!" He held his chest and placed a hand on his forehead, pretending to faint.

Newt, playing along dramatically stated, "What did we do to deserve such an honor?" Newt bowed as he said this. Alice didn't particularly enjoy being mocked but she played along anyway.

"It's purely business boys, so don't get to attached to the sound," Alice said dismissively. All three laughed. It was the first time Alice had laughed since the dream about her birthday.

"I am actually really sorry for not speaking to either of you yesterday, I was just 'down in the dumps' per say," Alice said apologetically, sorrow and a twinge of regret evident in her voice.

"It's all good kid, we all go through those times... And to answer your question, yes the box does come up today," Minho said comfortingly.

Even though Alice already knew this, she still did a little happy dance. She couldn't help but be excited.

Before anyone could comment on her excitement she quickly asked, "Can I help unpack the box? Please?" Alice dragged out the 'ee' please. She did puppy dog eyes and puffed out her bottom lip.

Newt, giving into Alice's begging due to how adorable she was, quickly replied, "Fine by me, but it's really Alby you should ask."

At this Alice stood up and scurried over to Alby. When asked the same question with Alice's begging Alby simply nodded. Alice ran off excitedly to deal with her breakfast dishes.

After having dealt with her dishes, she helped Frypan with clean-up. She needed to do something to pass the time. After finishing this task, Alice sat down in front of the box.

Alice refused to move. She wanted to be the first to be in the box when it came up. She wanted to be able to check to see if the 'Creators' had sent her anything along the lines of her request. She wanted to do this with a minimal amount of people around.

Alice heard a loud beep sound, signaling the box's arrival. She lifted the metal doors and hoped in. She quickly began her search for anything addressed specifically to her. Then she found it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh. My. God! Whaaaaaaa! 200 reads! Thank you thank you thank you! I am so glad you guys must be enjoying this story! Eeek! This makes me so happy!!! Thank you guys for reading!