#39 Your First Day Of School

Ashton: You had spent nearly your entire summer with Ashton on tour. You didn’t believe it when all of a sudden your first day of school swung around. You had to hop a flight back home almost on a whim to make it back in time. It was your senior year, so you were ready for the workload and such, but your family had just moved to another town, so you didn’t know anyone. You walked in the doors to your new “home" for the next few months with your knees shaking anxiously. You opened your locker after your second-hour Calculus class and found a note taped on the inside. "Meet me by the cafeteria doors as soon as you get out of fourth period!" There was no signature, just the message. You thought the handwriting looked familiar, but you brushed it off. You wanted to see who wrote you the note, so you nervously stalked to the lunchroom doors to see who was waiting. Your eyes lit up when you saw the familiar hazel eyes of your boyfriend. "Ashton!" You nearly screamed as you jumped into his warm embrace. "I came to see you on your first day of school. I told you I wouldn’t miss it for the world!"

Luke: “You failed physics?" Luke said in disbelief as you broke the news about summer school. "Yeah, it sucks, but I have to go if I want to pass!" You defended yourself. He sighed and kissed your forehead. "When do you start?" He asked softly. ”Tomorrow morning…" You mumbled. He kept his cool and told you he’d drive you there even though he didn’t approve of you failing a class. You slowly powered through the make-up lessons and focused really hard on the sections you struggled with. At the end of the day, you just wanted to go home. You waited outside for Luke to come pick you up, but he was nowhere to be found. Finally, 15 minutes later, he showed up holding a fair sized box in his hands and jogging towards you. "Where have you been?" You questioned him. "I felt bad for getting frustrated with you, so I bought you something to celebrate successfully completing your first day." He opened the lid and presented you with a cookie cake. The icing on top spelled out: "Congrats On Your First Day, (Y/N)!" It was a bit much, but you didn’t mind it. You loved him… and cookie cake.

Calum: You were starting to wish you had taken a gap year. School was starting up again and you were terrified. It was your first day of university and you were dreading it. You had heard from some friends that it was fun. From others that the workload was overwhelming. Calum spent hours talking you down because you were so stressed out. He wasn’t. He was obviously prepared. "It’s gonna be okay. Trust me. We’re gonna get through it together." Luckily, the band had just finished touring and they had a good stint of time they would be writing more music, and Calum wanted to catch up on his studies, so he decided to go to the same university as you. When you pulled up to campus, it was a beautiful day. Calum took your hand and he walked you to the theatre where you were studying drama while he went to his music class. At lunch you met up and drove to a nearby café. Nobody else was there; it was almost like a date. The two of you exchanged how each of your classes went and who you met on the first day. All in all, you were just happy you had your boyfriend by your side on the most terrifying day of your life.

Michael: You and Michael had been going to school together for years. That’s actually how you met. And he asked you out by passing you a note. It was your first day back after a short-lived summer and you were excited to see Michael again regularly. You spotted him at his locker and hugged him from behind. He turned around and pecked your lips. “Welcome back, (Y/N)." “It’s good to be back, Mikey. It feels like I haven’t seen you in months." "Agreed." He smiled. “Now, what class do you have first?" He immediately inquired. "English." You replied. "No way, I do, too!" He jumped up and down excitedly, still holding your hands. He sprinted down the hallway, dragging you behind him. To this day, you have no idea what happened in class. Michael kept distracting you by tapping on your shoulder or occasionally making silly kiddy faces at you. And even when he wasn’t, you still glanced sideways at him to see if he was paying attention.