chapter three

Catherine and Bramwell spent the whole day with Mayflower. Mayflower went into the closet. A woman was in the closet with her.

      "Hello Mayflower. I'm your great great Aunt Abigail." Introduced the woman. 

Mayflower heard stories about her aunt Abigail. Mayflower smiled at Abigail. They both walked out of the closet and Mayflower's parents weren't in the room. Abigail looked disappointed when she saw that the room was empty. Mayflower and Abigail sat on the bed.

      " I'm sorry mother and father didn't stay to see you." Apologized Mayflower. 

Abigail looked at her and smiled. Angelique showed up and Abigail stood in front of Mayflower. Abigail wasn't going to let the witch hurt the little girl. Abigail knew something was off about Angelique when they were both alive.

      "Stay away from her, you she devil. I never liked you, you are a bad person and a murderer." Yelled Abigail at Angelique.

 Angelique became angry and she then disappeared. Abigail hugged Mayflower tightly. Catherine and Bramwell ran into the room. They saw Abigail hugging their daughter. Abigail looked at the two parents. 

"You need to be careful, not to let Angelique near your daughter or bad things will happen. Me and Your other dead family members will help protect her." 

Then Abigail disappeared. Catherine and Bramwell ran to their daughter. Mayflower began to cry. Catherine picked her up and put her daughter's head on her chest.

      "Don't you worry child. We won't let Angelique hurt you ever." Whispered Catherine. 

Bramwell hugged Catherine and Mayflower. He kissed Catherine on the head. Catherine put her head on Mayflower's and began crying. Bramwell was never going to leave Mayflower alone again. Bramwell took Mayflower's pillow and blanket off the bed and walked out of the room. Catherine followed her husband with Mayflower still in her arms. Bramwell put Mayflower's stuff on the bed in him and Catherine's room. Catherine sat in a chair in the room and Mayflower fell asleep with her head on her mother's shoulder. Bramwell kissed Mayflower on the head and then walked out of the room. Catherine kissed Mayflower on the head and fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Catherine woke up with Mayflower not in her arms. She instantly got out of the chair and ran down stairs. Bramwell was sitting in a chair with Mayflower in his lap eating a piece of bread.

      "Well good morning. I fed Mayflower." Stated Bramwell. 

Catherine sighed in relief and walked over to Bramwell and Mayflower. She brushed her hands through Mayflower's beautiful blond hair. Mayflower looked up at her mother. Mayflower put her arms up to her mother and Catherine picked her up. Mayflower put a little piece of the bread she was eating in her mother's mouth. Catherine chewed it and swallowed it.

      "It good mommy. Daddy says if I eat some bread I will grow up to be a strong girl." Said Mayflower with happiness.

 Catherine looked at her daughter and kissed her on the head. Bramwell looked at his family and smiled. Mayflower looked at her father as he went up to her. She put her hand to her father's cheek. Bramwell kissed her hand and Mayflower giggled.

      "Well there's our little flowers adorable laugh." Commented Bramwell. 

Mayflower laughed her cute laugh again and Catherine kissed her on the cheek. Abigail, Naomi, Sarah, Josette, and a man Mayflower didn't recognized was standing around the room. Mayflower realized the man was her great grandfather Joshua Collins. He was standing next to his wife and child. Where is grandpa Barnabas at, thought Mayflower. Then Mayflower felt protected by everyone of her disseised and living family. There was a black blurred figure standing at the door. He walked over to Mayflower, Catherine, and Bramwell.

      "You got quite The Family, my son." Said the man. 

Bramwell went up to him and hugged him. Mayflower noticed that the man and her father looked like each other. Catherine put her daughter down. Mayflower looked at the man standing next to her father. The man looked at her and smiled.

      "Grandpa!" Screamed Mayflower as she ran to him and gave him a big hug. 

Barnabas picked her up and looked into his grandchild's brown eyes. Catherine looked and smiled. Barnabas looked at Catherine and smiled back. Barnabas put Mayflower back down onto the ground next to her mother. Bramwell took his father into the other room. Mayflower watched them leave. Catherine picked up Mayflower and went up the stairs into the bedroom. Mayflower rubbed her eyes and yawned. Catherine kissed her on the cheek and sat in the rocking chair. She began rocking her sleepy child on her lap. Catherine hummed a lullaby to her daughter and watched as Mayflower drifted off into sleep. Barnabas was outside the door.

      "You got a nice family Catherine. Bramwell chose well. I'm proud of him and I have a lot of respect for you as he does. Welcome to the family." Commented Barnabas. 

Catherine smiled and looked at her daughter's eyelashes flutter as she was dreaming a happy dream. Angelique showed up at the doorway.

      "You gave up your daughter, Barnabas! You can except Catherine, but not Crystal! Our daughter is all alone no mother, no father! She already thinks her family didn't except her, so she's an outcast to the world!" Yelled Angelique.

 Barnabas grabbed Angelique by the hair and pulled her outside. Mayflower woke up and ran to Angelique.

      "Give Angelique another chance! You're the one who is evil. She is the way she is because you made her that way!" Yelled Mayflower.

 Barnabas let go of Angelique's hair. He felt shame well up inside his heart. Angelique looked at Mayflower with respect. Bramwell walked outside and looked at Angelique.

        "I have a sister?" Asked Bramwell. 

Barnabas looked at him with shame and nodded. Bramwell went over to a carriage. Catherine ran to him. Bramwell looked at her and got inside and the driver drove away. Catherine fell to her knees and cried. Mayflower walked over to her mother and Catherine hugged her daughter tightly. Mayflower began to cry. Barnabas and Angelique looked at them sadly. Catherine picked up Mayflower and went inside. Mayflower buried her head in her mother's shoulder and continued to Cry.

      "I want daddy!" Cried Mayflower. 

Catherine kissed her flower on the head.