Part 1

Hey, I'm Kali and right now I'm living in a world full of hell. Six months ago, earth was attacked and invaded by aliens. Now I know that sounds pretty strange but believe it or not it's true. At the time of the invasion, I was at my friends' house. Well, they're more like family than friends. The Masons, I always say when referring to all of them. Rebecca and Tom were like my second parents and their kids Hal, Matt, and Ben are all like my brothers. I don't have any siblings of mine so they're the closest I have. That day, I originally went over to see Ben but he was at a friend's house so I decided to stay. That's when they attacked.

Now I won't go into great detail about that day but I'll tell you a little bit more about myself. I'm 15 years old; I have brown hair, dark skin and blue eyes. Yeah I know, strange mix right? Well anyway, right now Tom, Hal, Matt and I are a part of the resistance and are traveling with the 2nd Mass as of right now. Ben and Rebecca aren't with us sadly. Rebecca is dead and Ben is MIA. My best friend as of right now, is Allie. We found her along with a group of outlaws who tried to kill a group of us. I don't understand how she ended up with those creeps, especially Pope. I mean he's a total bastard but he knows how to cook and kill Skitters so he's of some use.

Well anyway, I gotta go check on Rick, Mike's son who we saved from the Skitters. He had his harness taken off last night and is in the infirmary. See ya.

∞∞∞∞∞

As I walk to the infirmary, I see Tom and a bunch of other people walking the same way with the Skitter that Tom had beat and captured. I let them go ahead of me in the door and make my way over to Rick and his dad Mike.

"Hey Mike, how is he?" I say walking up behind him. I lay my hand on his shoulder to wake him up from his small nap.

"Hmm? Oh hi Kali, he's doing well so far. Hasn't woken up yet but he isn't dead so that's good enough for me." He says smiling at Rick. I grin and Tom walks up taking a seat across from Mike.

"He looks great Mike. Has he woken up yet?" Tom asks looking at Rick.

"No not yet but I'm praying." Mike says not taking his eyes off Rick.

"How about you Kali? Are you feeling better?" Tom says asking me. I walk over to him and kneel beside him, laying my arms on the arm of his chair.

"My head hurts but I'm doing alright. Is it hot in here or is it just me?" I say sighing. Tom rests his hand against my forehead to check my temperature.

"You're a little warm but not too bad. Have you been having the nightmares again?" Tom says concerned.

"Yeah, the ones about Ben are more frequent than others. I really hope we save him soon Tom." I say laying my head down on my arms. Tom hugs me and kisses the top of my head.

"I know sweetie, I do too." Tom says. Captain Weaver comes over to tell him to meet him in 5 minutes. Tom sighs and leaves the room to go talk to Weaver.

I get up and take the seat as Anne comes over to check out Rick. She checks out his breathing and heart rate with a confused look on her face.

"No congestion, his lungs are completely clear. I know this is going to sound weird but are you sure Rick had cystic fibrosis?" Anne asks Mike.

"Five specialists and three states sure. Before the invasion he could barely breathe. I had to put him on a nebulizer twice a day just to clear his lungs. Why?" Mike says standing up beside Rick. I get up as well and cross my arms.

"I'm no expert but full remission like this is extremely rare." Anne says.

"Wait what does that mean? That the harness cured him of it?" I ask politely.

"I don't know." Anne says. There's a knock on the door and Tom walks in signaling Anne and I to follow him.

Anne and Tom talk about Rick and what's going so I just zone out for a few minutes thinking about Ben and what's going to happen to him or what's happening right now.

"Yeah, um, I gotta go. Kali," Tom says nodding down the hallway. I nod back and say goodbye to Anne.

"Hey Kali, get Hal and meet me out front. We're going to go check out that motorcycle shop that Pope told us about." Tom says to me.

"Alright but is Pope coming along?" I say. I don't fully trust Pope right now so I sure as hell don't really feel like riding bikes with him along with weapons and tanks of gas.

"Sadly yes. Now go get Hal, I'll see you in a few." He says dismissing me. I run off to find Hal in our room looking through his bag.

"Hey your dad wants us to meet him out front. What are you doing?" I say. He looks up from the bag and quickly puts it away.

"Ah, I was just looking for a photo that I kept." He pulls it out showing me. "Remember this?" I take the photo from his grip and smile.

"Six Flags. I remember that day it was very memorable for all of us. You got thrown up on by both Ben and Matt."I say laughing as he takes the photo from me.

"Ha-ha very funny Mayflower, now we better get going before dad beats us out there." Hal says shoving the photo in his bag.

"Alright, alright but DON'T call me Mayflower, Puke Pit." I snap back at him. He glares and we both burst out laughing and walk to the front of the school.

____________________________________________________________________________

Hey everyone, I know this first part of Finally Found You isn't as good but it'll get better i promise!(: Please share, vote, and comment if you like it!