18

December 1, 2015

So, it's the first day of December and true to his words, Jace hasn't texted me since.

You're probably thinking, 'oh, you must be really happy without him bothering you again, right?'

I am.
But.
I'm also not.

I don't know why, but I feel like him texting me every single day has become a part of my daily life, as weird as that sounds.

This is dumb, I should be relieved that he's not texting me again. Who knows, he might really be an axe murderer.

Of course he's not, you met him at the restaurant and he was perfectly harmless.

Ugh.

"Hey, mom and dad just left. Mom said we can start decorating the house with Christmas stuff without them," Max said from the door of my room.

"Right, like last year and the year before that, I get it now. But isn't it too early to start decorating?" I blow away the strands of hair from my face, not bothering to get up from my bed.

"It's never too early for Christmas decorating," Max grinned. He has always loved Christmas. Or more like, he loves it because we get to eat extra food and receive lots of gifts.

"I'm lazy. It's like, eight in the morning," I rolled to my side.

"You're always lazy," he pointed out, rolling his eyes.

"You know me so much," I cooed.

"I'm forced to, since I'm your brother and I've lived with you in the same house for like, all my life," Max scoffed.

"Okay, can you leave me alone now? I want to catch up on some sleep," I said.

"You're supposed to help me decorate," Max glared.

"You can do it by yourself or call one of your friends to help you or something," I said.

"Can't. Chad went to visit his grandparents and Ja- uhm, Alec is with his family," he cleared his throat.

"Wow, I didn't realize you only have two friends," I rolled my eyes.

"Just because I'm friends with the whole school, doesn't mean they're all my real friends," Max grumbles.

"Fine, I'll help you," I groaned.

Max gives a victory grin. "Great! I'll go grab the fake tree and you can get the decorations."

"Whatever," I sat up on my bed as Max made his way to go get the tree.

Jace Jace Jace Jace Jace Jace Jace Jace Jace Jace Jace-
Oh my god, please stop this torture, my brain can't stop repeating his name!

"Max. Slap me," I said, once we're downstairs and I'm standing right in front of him.

Max looks at me like I'm some kind of alien sent from mars or something.

"What the hell?"
"Just do it."
"I don't hit girls, May."
"It's not hitting when I'm telling you to do it."
"I'm not going to slap you."
"Just do it!"
"No! Don't be stupid. What's wrong with you?"
"Everything!"
"May, what the fuck?"
"Just slap me, Max."
"No way, you're my sister."
"No shit. Now slap me!"
"You're being stupid."
"Can you please just-"
"The hell I will!"
"Max."
"May."

We lose ourselves in a staring/glaring competition. Then Max sighs.

"Tell me what's going on with you, May. You've never been this way," he said.