30

I smiled softly at the conversation that's in a form of text messages.

I don't even know how long we've been texting, but it seemed long enough and he practically always texts me like every day except those certain days.

I think he's starting to grow on me.

Well what do you know.

Shaking my head and putting my phone down on the bed, I rubbed my stomach slightly to ease the periodical pain, which doesn't seem to be working.

I grumbled and sat up. Maybe I should get a snack. I look back at all the chocolate and candy bar wrappers littered all over the bedside table and floor.

Yep, I definitely need another snack.

I got up and walked downstairs where Max was sitting on the couch while on the phone with someone. He was talking as if he was trying to control his annoyance.

"Who was that?" I asked, once he got off the phone.

"Oh, some girl named Laura," he shrugged.

"Laura? Who the heck is Laura? Is she your girlfriend?"
"No. I bumped into her at that restaurant downtown. She works there."
"Sooo, what now?"
"Oh, she thinks we're a thing now, just because I apologized and offered to buy her a drink."
"Wow. That's.. dumb."
"I know! And now she won't leave me alone."
"So what are you gonna do about it?"
"I don't know. It's not easy to "break up" with someone you're not in a relationship with."
"Good point."

While Max slumped back on the couch, muttering incoherent words about trying to get rid of said girl, I went to the kitchen to scavenge for another snack.

Entering the kitchen area, I noticed a paper bag on the counter top. Curious, I went over to it and took a peek inside.

Chocolates and cookies.

Huh, I wonder who got these. Cause I distinctly remember devouring all the sweets thirty minutes ago.

"Hey, Max?" I called over my shoulder.

"Yeah?"
"Did you buy these?" I asked, carrying the paper bag filled with goods towards my brother.

"Is it filled with chocolates and cookies?" he asked, not looking up from his phone.

"Actually, yes," I raised a brow.

"Then no, baby sister. I didn't buy them," he replied.

"So who did? Mom and dad aren't here, are they?"
"Course not."
"Soooo?"

He sighed, then looked up at me as if debating whether he should tell me something or not.
"Some dude came over and gave me that so I left it at the counter."

"Some dude? So you're telling me, some guy came over with chocolates and cookies and just simply handed it over to you and you just took it?"

"Yes, May. That's exactly what I'm telling you," he rolled his eyes.

I stood there, clutching the bag.
He couldn't possibly.. no. Of course not. That's nearly impossible. Jace doesn't know where I live. Heck, he doesn't even know me.

As much as I hated it, I decided to just go along with my brother's story. Who knows, maybe there is some guy who's just willing to give away goodies to the first house he sees.

Shrugging, I said, "Okay then. I'm taking these," I then spun on my heel and began walking towards the stairs.

Before I could even take a few steps up, I heard Max curse a few times.

"I'm so tired of this acting bullshit, man. You need to man up before I do it for you," he said, probably talking to someone on the phone.

Acting? What acting?
He sounds pissed. Maybe there is such a thing as man periods after all.

In that case, I'm not the only who's on her period in this house.

At least I have my chocolate.

Should I share some of these with him? I mean, he is sort of on his "period".

Nah.

I raced back up to my room and locked myself in it, wanting to be alone with my snacks.

I sat on my bed, legs criss-crossed and the paper bag sat on my lap. My phone rang, signalling a text message. I picked it up to see one new text message.

-1 new text message-
1/2/2016
From: Jace
Subject: -

2:02pm
Jace: hey

Me: what

Jace: enjoy your chocolates and cookies sweetheart ;)

What the..

Me: how did you know?

Jace: lucky guess?

Wow, this is so weird.
Does this mean that guy Max was talking about..

Me: how tf do u know my address

Jace: it's a secret, love

Me: bullshit

Jace: feel better soon ;)

The stupid butterflies won't stop fluttering it's stupid wings in my stomach.

There is so much I don't know. A lot of questions are swarming my mind.
I need answers.

But, how?