Chapter 8 - Amnesia

Saturday evening came quickly. I had ordered two large pizzas. I remembered how Ashton ate. He, and the other boys, ate a lot.

I heard a knock at the door, and Rylie exclaimed, "I'll get it!"

I saw her run towards the door and open it. I heard her say, "hello Mr. Irwin." I couldn't believe how much she loved having him as a teacher.

"Hello Rylie," he smiled, then looks at me, "hello Shaylee."

"Hi Ashton," I smiled back.

"Mr. Irwin.. mum.. You two sit down on the couch, I want to play something for you guys," Rylie beamed.

Ashton and I both sat on the couch. He asked me what she was going to play, but I had no idea.

Rylie walked out with her guitar and played the first few chords of Amnesia. Of course that's what she was going to play.

Ashton looked up at me for a split second, then down into his lap. He slightly shifted uncomfortably away from me.

"I drove by all the places we used to hang out getting wasted.. I thought about our last kiss; how it felt, the way you tasted.." Rylie began singing, her voice was as amazing as her dad's.

After she finished, Ashton complimented, "that was beautiful. You must get your voice from you dad, because from what I remember, your mum was not very good at singing."

"You remember right," I laughed.

"Yeah, well, mum said that I'd be able to meet my dad soon, since I haven't yet," Rylie told Ashton, but oh.. that was such a lie.

"Oh," Ashton looked down.

"Amnesia was about you," Ashton blurted, looking at me.

"I know that," I nodded.

"You did?"

"Yeah. I'm the only one that you would write it about. Are you guys just going to come up with that song, not thinking about anyone that left you?"

"I guess it was obvious.." He chuckled. He then changed the subject, "when are we eating?"

"Soon," I told him. He nodded.

After the pizza came, we ate. Ashton and I caught up on many things, and Rylie talked a lot about her instruments.

I needed to tell them both. I just couldn't.. I didn't know how! Should I just come out and say, "Ashton, Rylie is your daughter"? No. I'm so confused.

Rylie went to the bathroom, and that left Ashton and me there at the table to talk. I didn't know what to talk about, but Ashton started an awkward conversation.

"So why did you kiss me Monday morning?" He asked.

"I.." I paused, "I guess I just had the urge to. Your lips are still so kissable."

"Are they kissable now?" He got close to me.

"Very," I whispered onto his lips, kissing them softly. He grabbed my face and pulled me even closer.

"Rylie is still here," I breathed.

"I don't mind," he chuckled, kissing me multiple times. He bit my lip playfully, looking at me and giving me a devilish look. I pushed my lips onto his forcibly. That's when I heard, "MUM!!"

I turned around to see Rylie there, standing in the hallway. She was watching us with her mouth wide open.

"Rylie, it-" she stopped me.

"Just don't, mum," she crossed her arms and stayed in the hallway and sighing.

"I'm really sorry about that night, Shay, I-" Ashton whispered.

I raised my voice, "well, maybe if you wouldn't have had to go off and get drunk and have sex with another girl that night, you wouldn't be like your dad! We would've been married by now and living with our sixteen year old daughter happily!" I began to cry, but I covered my mouth. Ashton looked at me wide-eyed, and so did Rylie. I said though tears, "I'm so sorry.."

I ran back to my room and slammed the door. I didn't want to interact with anyone at the moment. I wanted to be alone.

*Ashton's POV*

"Well, maybe if you wouldn't have had to go off and get drunk and have sex with another girl that night, you wouldn't be like your dad! We would've been married by now and living with our sixteen year old daughter happily!" Shaylee yelled, beginning to cry. Rylie was my daughter.. That explained Shaylee's weird behavior when Rylie would talk about her dad.

"I'm so sorry," Shaylee told me, crying her eyes out. She was breathing so heavily. She ran back the hallway and past Rylie to get to her room.

"Leave her for a little, she won't want to see anyone," Rylie spoke as I stood up.

"I know that. I wasn't going to talk to her. I wanted to talk to my daughter," I walked to her, smiling.