Chapter 11 - Other Secret

In gymnastics the next day, I worked a lot on my floor routine and my bar routine. Ski and I both had the same floor routine because we were working on one together, then separate ones.

Doing a floor routine with another person was a lot harder than doing it with just yourself. You had to make sure that you were both doing the right thing at the right time, and if one of you messed up, it was all messed up.

Ski and I both preformed a round-off back handspring back tuck, and we both started on opposite sides of the mat. Thankfully, neither of us messed up, and we both landed safely.

We went through our whole routine, and for once neither of us messed up. I was so excited.

When the class was over, I got changed, then went to my locker to grab my books and my folders to put in my backpack. When I was finished, I walked towards the band room, grabbed my saxophone out of the band closet, then walked towards dad's desk.

"So how was the rest of school after I saw you in chorus?" He asked as I leaned against the chalkboard that thankfully didn't have writing on it.

"Pretty good. Ski and I finally got our floor routine right in gymnastics. I was really happy about that," I exclaimed.

"You two do everything together, don't you?"

"Pretty much. Our schedules are the same except for period four and period seven. It's pretty amazing," I smiled, "we've been best friends since we were about two."

"Wow," dad nodded, standing up, "are you ready to go, then?" He asked, coming out from behind his desk.

"Yeah," I told him, walking behind him towards the back exit of the school.

We both got into his car. I got in the passenger's seat, and dad got into the driver's seat. He began to drive me to my apartment.

Once we got there, he stopped the car and started to get out at the same time I began to get out.

"Are you coming in to see mum?" I asked, grabbing my saxophone from the floor then closing the door.

"Well, I'm going to be here this evening. Your mum asked me if I could come over and help pack some things up. Because, you know.. you guys are going to move in with me soon," he explained, and I nodded before walking towards the door. I opened it and let it open for dad.

We both walked in, and I walked straight to my room. Mum was in the living room, and she came to the door to greet dad.

*Shaylee's POV*

"Hey babe," Ashton smiled as he pecked my lips.

"Hey," I smiled, "did you have a good day at work? Was Rylie okay in class?" I said loud enough so Rylie could hear.

She walked out of her room and looked right at me, "of course I was," she joked. Ashton and I both laughed.

"So, Shay, what do you need me to help you pack?" He asked. I thought for a minute, then I told him, "maybe the stuff from the living room first?"

I walked into the living room and grabbed a few boxes. I was going to pack, but at the same time, I wanted to get rid of stuff we didn't need.

As we were looking through some things, I found a few of Ashton's albums. I saw their self-titled album, Sounds Good Feels Good, and a few others. Ashton saw me looking at them.

"You still have those? Those albums are from a while ago. Just soon after Rylie was born," he chuckled, "why did you keep them?"

"Rylie and I would listen to them when she was little. She actually recognized 'Amnesia' when she looked up your band just a few weeks ago, after you told the class about it."

"Really? She recognized the songs?"

"Yeah. And she played Amnesia for you on Saturday."

"She has an amazing voice, and great musical talent. I can't believe how talented she is."

"When she was younger, the only thing I would tell her about you was that you loved music. I think she felt that she needed to play music to feel like she knew you better, like music was the only thing she knew she had in common with you. She's been playing instruments for as long as I can remember, and she's been singing ever since she could talk."

"Wow," he smiled, looking at the album, then looking towards one of the old pictures of Rylie I had sitting beside the couch. He grabbed the picture and looked at it, "how old was she here?"

"She was about three there," I smiled, watching him stare at the old picture of our daughter. I thought of all the memories he had missed and all of the mistakes I had made because I didn't tell him, but we were here now, together. I needed to tell him my other secret. I could tell him after dinner. I wanted to tell him privately, and Rylie will go to see her piano teacher after dinner.

"Could you help me with dinner?" I asked Ashton. He nodded and stood up off the couch, walking behind me into the kitchen.

------

After dinner, I took Rylie to her piano lessons and went back to the apartment. Ashton was still packing things in the living room.

"So, Ashton... You know how I was telling you about another thing I needed to tell you when you were here on Saturday?" I began. I was finally ready to tell him.

"Yeah, what about it?" He asked, looking at me and stopping what he was doing.

"Well, I decided that I should tell you now," I paused and I sighed.

"What is it? You can tell me, don't worry."

"The thing is.." I paused before I admitted, "Rylie isn't my only child."

~

Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter! I bet you didn't see that coming, haha.. Also, I'd really appreciate if you would go to the only book in my reading list: "The Brigade Watty Awards" and vote for this book!

 Also, I'd really appreciate if you would go to the only book in my reading list: "The Brigade Watty Awards" and vote for this book!

This is what it is, and it has four votes right now, but I'd really love it if you voted for it too. Thank you and I love every single one of you:)

-Lizzie xx