Chapter 18 - Moving In

*Ashton's POV*

After another couple of days, Shaylee told me that she had everything of hers and Rylie's packed up. They would be moving in with me.

I took Ski with me to Shaylee's apartment so she could help us carry the boxes to my car and Shaylee's car.

There weren't as many boxes as I thought there were, so it was easy to fit them all in the backseat of my car, the complete back of my car, and in the back of Shaylee's car.

We drove off towards my house. I remembered that I would need to give a tour to both Shaylee and Rylie because they'd only been in it once, and that was for a very short time.

They were only here the other day when everyone was here, so they didn't get a full tour of the house. I was too busy talking to Luke's son and his mum then Michael's son and his mum. I also caught up a little with Calum and Jess. It was nice to have everyone there.

I took the boxes to the appropriate rooms before showing Shaylee around. Ski offered to show Rylie around the house, and I agreed.

Later, we all helped unpack boxes. Ski helped Rylie unpack her boxes in her room. I helped Shaylee by unpacking random boxes in places like the living room, kitchen, dining room, and a few other rooms while she unpacked her things for our room and her stuff for in the bathroom.

I was really excited for the four of us to be living in the same house now. I was glad that I wouldn't have to drop Rylie off anymore at her apartment then feel bad when I come here with just Ski. Now, I'll be bringing both of them here.

I began to think. Six months ago, well, not even two months ago, I would've never thought I had a daughter, never mind two daughters. I didn't think I'd ever be back with Shaylee, never mind being engaged with her less than a week or two after I met up with her again. I thought Shaylee would've been with another man by the time I met up with her again. She wasn't, and I was glad. I just couldn't imagine two months ago that I would have a fiancé and two daughters, and both Mikey and Luke would have a son. It really amazed me.

I spent that night sitting in the living room with Shaylee, Ski, and Rylie. For the first time as a whole family, we were sitting together, watching tv, laughing, and sometimes just talking. I really loved it.

As Rylie was telling us a story about school that day, I grabbed ahold of Shaylee's hand and interlaced her fingers with mine, holding her hand tight. She smiled at me. I squeezed her hand, then she squeezed mine back. I remembered when we used to do that, back when we were dating at eighteen.

That night, when Shaylee got into the bed beside me, all of my thoughts went away. My mind went blank. The only thing I could think about was her and me, right beside each other. I cuddled her as she began to fall asleep.

I knew she was asleep a few minutes later, and I kissed her head before going to sleep myself.

------

The next morning, both girls woke up to their own alarms, which I was happy about because I didn't have to wake either of them up.

Shaylee was still asleep when I got into the shower. She must've woken up while I was in the shower, though, because she was awake when I walked back into the room to change.

"Good morning, Shay," I smiled as her and kissed her forehead.

"Morning, Ash," she grinned and pecked my lips.

I stood back up as she got out of the bed. I picked out an outfit for the day and began to get changed as Shaylee walked into the bathroom to get ready as well.

Whenever I was dressed, I began to walk out of my room and towards the stairs. On my way to the stairs, I passed by Rylie's room. Ski's room was on the other side of the stairs, but I did pass by Rylie's room.

I heard her playing her guitar from in her room. I stood at the door for a moment and listened. She began to sing, so I listened to her amazing voice. It reminded me of the night Shaylee told me about Rylie being my daughter. She played Amnesia, and I told Shaylee that Rylie must've gotten her singing voice from her dad. I then understood.

I finished my journey to the stairs and quickly shuffled down them. I walked into the kitchen to see Ski sitting at the island. I made an egg for myself because Ski already had breakfast. She was eating a banana while watching me make my eggs.

"So, how did you sleep?" I asked her.

"Good," she nodded, "you're talking like I'm only staying here one night, or that I just arrived here last night." She laughed.

"Sorry," I looked down at the pan with the eggs in it, chuckling a little bit, "it was just a simple question. I don't know," I shrugged, "I'm new at this 'dad' thing..."

"It's fine," she smiled at me, standing up from her seat as she finished her banana and went to throw it away. She then walks over to me and hugs me from behind and tells me, "you're doing a great job at it."

I smiled. It was then that I realized she had gotten the tall genes, her and Rylie both had. Ski was almost my height. I couldn't believe it.

"Thank you, Ski," I hugged her back, "I love you."

"I love you too, dad," she smiled and looked slightly upwards at me, "I'm glad I finally have a real dad. I know Rylie is too."