Chapter 16 - Cliffords

"Parker? Your boyfriend Parker? His last name is Clifford? What's his parents names?" I asked her, completely confused at the moment.

"Uh, his mum's name is Sophia Cooper. I've never met his dad, though," she shrugged.

"Ski, would you mind going with me to Michael's house? I, uh, I want to talk to him, and I want to have you there too."

She nodded and stood from the couch. We both walked out of the house and got into the car. I drove off to Michael's house which took about ten minutes to get to.

When we walked in, Michael approached us. He got a confused look on his face when he saw Ski. He greeted her and asked who she was.

"This is my daughter, Ski," I told him.

"Your daughter? Really?"

"Yeah, my daughter.."

"With who? Shaylee?"

"Yeah. Ski has a twin, too. Her name's Rylie," I informed him then explained everything from Shaylee and me being engaged to how Rylie was still living with Shaylee and Ski was now living with me.

Then I brought up about Ski's boyfriend. I mentioned about Rylie's boyfriend being Kit Hemmings and my conversation with Luke that I had just had less than an hour before.

"So what about Ski's boyfriend were you saying?" Michael questioned.

"Well, his name is Parker.. Parker Clifford," I explained to Michael. Ski and I just watched his expression.

"Oh. I don't know anyone named Parker Clifford.. How old is he?"

"He's 17. His birthday is February 6," Ski answered

"Oh. What are his parents' names?" Michael asked.

"His mum's name is Sophia Cooper, and Ski has never met his dad," I sighed.

"No way. Sophia Cooper?" He wondered, and Ski nodded.

"How do you know Sophia Cooper? I don't remember you ever saying anything about her.." I was confused.

"I, well, I hooked up with her once and wanted to get back with her a few weeks later, but she ignored my calls and wouldn't text me back. I thought it was weird at the time, but now I might know her reason."

"When did you hookup with her?" I asked.

"Early June in 2012..." Michael's head dropped. He was ashamed.

"Michael, you would've been sixteen! What were you thinking?"

"I'm sorry!" I saw tears of frustration and worry in his eyes, "it lines up perfectly with Parker's birthday."

"I know, that's why I'm worried. Luke might have a son that he didn't know about, and now you probably have a son that you haven't known about."

"Ski, could we call Sophia so I can talk to her?" Michael looked at Ski, and she got her phone out.

"I'll call Parker and ask to talk to his mum," she smiled and put Pakrer's number into her phone. She put it up to her ear, and I could hear it ringing.

"Hey babe," I heard Ski say, "I was wondering if I could talk to your mum?" There was a pause, "my dad thinks he might know her. Could we talk to her?"

"Thanks," Ski nodded at us and put her phone on speaker phone. I heard a woman exclaim, "hello!"

"Sophia Paige Cooper..." Michael said into the phone and looked up at Ski and me.

"Michael? Clifford?" She seemed surprised.

"Yeah, that's me," Michael nodded even though Sophia couldn't see.

"What are you calling for?" She wondered. Michael answered, "I was told that you have a son named Parker Clifford?"

"I do.." She hesitantly replied.

"Wow. Uh, so.. Is he, um.." Michael stuttered.

"Yes, Michael. Parker is your child," Sophia sighed.

"O-Okay," Michael seemed like he didn't know what to think about this whole thing.

"Would you like to meet him sometime?" She asked.

"Definitely," Michael nodded once again, giving Ski and me a thumbs up. He didn't stop smiling.

The call between Sophia and Michael ended soon after that. Michael began to question Ski about Parker.

"So what does he look like?" Michael wondered, and Ski smiled before answering, "he looks a lot like you. He has beautiful eyes that look just like yours and nice, dark brown hair."

"How does he act? Does he treat you well?" Michael asked.

"Like a princess," Ski nodded.

"I can't wait to meet him," Michael smiled.

Ski told him, "you could come with us and I'll show you to his house? We could also talk to Luke and take him to Kit's house to talk to Charlotte. I know where Kit lives."

I ended up letting Ski go with Michael to Parker's house, then going to Shaylee and Rylie's apartment to pick Rylie up. I took Rylie to Luke's house, they met, then Rylie left with Luke to go to Kit's house.