Chapter 12 - Twin

"What do you mean Rylie isn't your only child?" He asked. I bit my lip.

"I should say.. Rylie isn't our only child," I specified.

"Oh.." He seemed surprised. I guess he would've been. He just learned that he had a daughter a few days ago, and now he was learning that he had another child too.

"How is that possible? I hadn't seen you since the night you got pregnant with Rylie about seventeen years ago.."

"Exactly. Rylie, well.. she's a twin," I told him. His eyes grew wide.

"Wait a minute.. I think I kno-" he stopped as Rylie walked in.

"Rylie, you're home early.." I looked toward the door where she was standing.

"Yeah. Kyle brought me home because he needed to go somewhere and our apartment is on the way to where he needs to go," Rylie explained. I nodded.

"Who's Kyle?" Ashton got protective. He looked at Rylie, then at me.

"Dad, he's just my piano teacher, don't worry," she laughed.

"How old is he?" Ashton badgered.

Rylie sighed, "he's twenty-one."

"And he's a piano teacher?"

"Yeah, he's really good. He's been teaching me since I was about eleven. He was sixteen then. I had switched to him from my old piano teacher that I had been seeing since I was five."

"Wow. I'm sorry, by the way," he apologized, "I shouldn't have reacted that way. I know you're sixteen, but-"

"It's fine, dad. I get it. It's okay if you're a little protective."

"Okay," he smiled. Rylie walked off to her room with her piano books in her hand.

"So Rylie doesn't know she's a twin?" Ashton asked me, whispering.

"No, and she's never known. Please don't tell her," I begged.

"I won't. We can tell her when we're ready."

"You'll tell her with me?" I smiled.

"Of course. She's my daughter too, Shay. You've got to remember that. I'm going to be in your lives now, all three of your lives. You, Rylie, and-"

"Mum, would you mind if I played guitar a little? Electric guitar?" Rylie asked, emerging from her room.

"Maybe now right now, Ry? A little later, okay?"

"Okay," she smiled, "I'll play piano a little if that's better."

"Yeah, that would be fine," I nodded, smiling at her. I soon heard piano music coming from her room. Ashton began speaking again.

"Shaylee, you'll have to tell Rylie soon. And you need to tell-"

"I know, Ashton. I'll have to talk to Lexi and Adam too. She was adopted by them. I don't know how Rylie will react to this, though. She just met her dad who she hadn't known for sixteen years, and now she's going to find out she has a twin?"

"I know it'll be hard, but once she knows, she'll be fine with it, trust me. We need to tell her and soon."

"Okay. Maybe we should tell her tonight? Call Adam and Lexi, telling them to come over? We could do that."

"Yeah, I guess. Go ahead and call Adam and Lexi. I want to tell the girls as soon as possible.."

"That will be the best, yeah. It's just that there's been so many changes in the past few days.. I finally told both you and Rylie about you being her father. We then got engaged. I've been trying to pack to move in with you.. It's so much to handle. I think it would be best to tell them now."

"Yeah, that would be best. Here's your phone," Ashton grabbed my phone off of the side table and handed it to me. I dialed Lexi's number, and she soon picked up.

"Shaylee?" She answered the phone.

"Yeah, hi, Lexi," I smiled as she continued to talk.

"Hey Shaylee! What's up? Do you need to talk to Adam? Maybe you need to talk to-"

"No, I was just wondering if you three would come over tonight? I want to tell the girls tonight."

"Really? You're ready? It's been sixteen years."

"Yeah, I'm ready. I told Ashton and Rylie that he is her dad Saturday evening. Ashton asked me to marry him, and now Rylie and I are packing to move in with him. It's been a busy week, but I'm ready to tell both of the girls."

"Okay. We'll be there in fifteen minutes," Lexi assured me. I smiled and agreed before saying goodbye.

"They'll be over in fifteen minutes," I announced to Ashton. He nodded, smiling.

"Why didn't you tell me that Rylie was a twin on Saturday night?" Ashton wondered.

"There was just too much going on and I was just shocked at your reaction. I couldn't hardly say anything more about our children. Plus, you had just found out about having a daughter. I would stress you out and tell you that you have two daughters."

"But now I know. And I was excited to find out that I have a daughter. Now I'm happy that I have two. I also have you," he smiled, grabbing my hand.

~

I know I had this in the last chapter, but could you please go vote for this book in the "The Brigade Watty Awards"?

How to vote:
1. Go to my account
2. Click on the story in "irwinxx5sos's Reading List" that is called "The Brigade Watty Awards"
3. Go to the part titled "S e v e n t e e n" in that book (picture shown above)
4. Click anywhere on the page
5. At the bottom, click on the star
6. The star should be orange if you voted:)

Thank you guys! I love you all:)

-Lizzie xx