Chapter 10: Never Have I Ever

A/N Thank you for over 200 reads!

(Jack's POV)

It's been a few days now since Jessie went away. Nobody has heard from her, but her room in now empty. The residents and I are seated at group, waiting patiently for the now late Nina. Mark is seated next to me, silently staring at the ground. Occasionally he will catch me staring and give me a weak smile. Finally, Nina walks in carrying a tray lined with paper cups. The group quiets down and she begins to pass out the cups. Once she gets to me, I see small, colorful candies inside. Once she finishes, she sits down, holding her own cup.

"Some of you may have played this game before, possibly as a drinking game. Today, we are going to use candy and have some fun. I will start, then we will go around the circle. When you run out of candy, turn your chair around and face out of the circle. The last person standing wins a prize. Now, it's crucial that you are honest, or else you're cheating. Never have I ever been out of the country."

A few people, Mark and I included, take a candy. The girl next to her goes. "Never have I ever done drugs."

Everyone besides Nina takes a candy.

"Never have I ever been engaged." My heart thuds in my chest and I take a candy. Mark is staring at me, urging me to look at him, but I can't.

"Never have I ever sang karaoke." A few people take candies.

Next is Matt, "Never have I ever been in love." I take a candy, Mark does not.

Next is Mark, "Never have I ever been arrested." I take a candy; 5 left. Mark's eyes are boring into me.

I ignore him as I take my turn. "Never have I ever finished a jawbreaker." two people take a candy.

"Never have I ever touched a boob." the guy next to me proclaims. The group erupts into laughter, all taking candies; 4 left.

"Never have I ever been to a cinema."

"What!" the group erupts again. I take a candy; 3 left.

"Never have I ever held a baby." I think back a realize that I haven't either. Two people have turned their chairs around, out of the running. I have 2 candies left.

"Never have I ever been to the Prom." I don't take a candy, I went to high school in Ireland and we don't have prom. Mark doesn't take a candy either.

"Never have I ever worn a dress." I take a candy, one left.

Then we are back to Nina, "Alright, there are 5 people out, 9 people left. Never have I ever had surgery." Mark takes a candy. Another person turns around.

"Never have I ever given a blowjob." I choke on my saliva, coughing. I don't take a candy, but Mark does. I finally look at him and his cheeks are red.

"Never have I ever been to a concert." I pop my last candy and turn around.

(Mark's POV)

Jack is out and I have 2 candies left. It's down to me, Nina, and two other girls. It's my turn again.

"Never have I ever worn a bra." The remaining players take a candy.

"Never have I ever peed standing up." Nina and I take a candy. We all look at her.

"What? I like camping." The group laughs.

"Never have I ever met my father." I take my last candy and turn around. Finally after another go around, a girl named Natalie is declared the winner. Her prize is a week off chores.

"Now, before we depart, is their anyone who would like to share?" Matt stands up immediately.

"Hi, I'm Matt, I don't have anything to say about myself, but I was here when Jessie's sister came to pack up her room. She said Jessie lost her mother a few weeks ago and that led her to relapsing. She is staying in psychiatric hospital and getting therapy to deal with her grief and the withdrawals. She also said she cannot have visitors but she would love letters so I think we should all write her letters and send them to her next week after group."

"I think that is a wonderful idea Matt, thank you for the update. Anyone else like to share?"

I stood up. "Hello, I'm Mark. I just wanted to thank you all for being there for me last week. I was feeling so low, but you all brought me back up, so thank you." the group snapped as I sat back down.

"That's what we are here for Mark, thank you for sharing. That's all the time we have for today." Nina closed the group and Jack took my hand, leading me to the basement.

He stood before me, obviously nervous.

"You don't need to explain yourself." I tell him. He looks conflicted.

"You don't know me, but I want you to. I've never been open with anyone, but with you I could."

"I would love that, but there is no pressure from me." Jack hugged me.

"Thank you Mark, you're amazing. Let's sit down." We sat on the couch, his hand in mine.

"About five years ago, shortly after I moved here from Ireland, I met a girl named Lydia. We hung out all the time and she got me into smoking pot. Then we fell in love and in a drunken stupor, I asked her to marry me. We stayed this way until she was arrested for possession and I moved out. I tried to get a hold of her, but I haven't seen or talked to her since then. Then a couple of months ago, you remember when we were watching that horror movie and Nina called me in her office?" I nodded. "Well, a detective was there and he told me Lydia is missing. Nobody has seen or heard from her in four months."

I hugged him, feeling sorry for all the shit he's been through. "Thank you for sharing."

He looked at me with an eyebrow raised, "Sure thing Nina." he said mockingly.

I whacked his leg, "Shut up. Seriously, thank you. I know it must have been hard. Do you still love her?"

"No, she was a train wreck. I think if I never would have been arrested, I would have died. So, even though I hate being here, I am also incredibly thankful too. And I'm thankful for you too. Mark, I love you." His face turned red as my heart started beating so fast, I could hear the blood rushing in my ears.

"I-I love you too Jack." I grabbed his face and kissed him, feeling blissfully happy.

A/N SEPTIPLIER AWAY! In the next chapter, more septiplier fluff since there certainly hasn't been enough so far.

Thank you so much for reading and I will see you in the next chapter!