Chapter 5

I wake up to my stupid alarm clock screaming at me again. I should be used to it by now, but it still scares the crap out of me. I sit up quickly and smash the buttons on top to shut it off. I look around in a daze until I quickly realize that I have to work today.Oh shit I totally forgot. I jump out of bed and take the quickest shower possible, before I can get any uninvited guest. I Throw on one of my best clean outfits.Yes I need to do laundry. Then I  head out the door. I figure since I have a few extra minutes that maybe I can swing by the video store and work up the courage to talk to Stefan and let him know that I let things go a little to far and I shouldn't have.

 I run down stairs to my old car, being sure not to trip.I've been clumsy lately. I take a long look at my piece of crap, before I jump in and take off. I need a new car. I walk in the video store and see Aaron is already there.

 He looks at me surprised" Hey Kendra. What are you doing here?"

 I look down at my feet a little embarrassed."Oh I just thought I would swing in and talk to Stefan for a minute. Is he around?"

 He turns his head slighty to the back of the store and points."Yeah he's in the back, Just go straight back and then turn left by the water fountain."

"Ok thanks Aaron."I head off to the back trying to get the words together that I want to say to him. The closer to the back I get, the faster my heart starts to beat. What do I say about last night? I have a boyfriend, well maybe, but you hurt my feelings when you didn't make out with me? NO. I get close enough to the back to hear some voices.

I stop and listen, when I hear that it's a females voice." Yeah I can't wait to see you tonight for dinner. I really missed you."

 Then I hear Stefan answer back with excitement in his voice."Yeah same here. I'll see you tonight at our favorite spot."

Finally I make my feet move and I come in to  view to see Stefan and some girl laughing and hugging. I can't believe I actually thought he was starting to like me. Yeah I was coming here to tell him that nothing more was going to happen between us but it was still kind of a slap in the face. Well I guess talking him is going to be pretty pointless since he has some hot date tonight anyways. So I decide to take off and head for the exit door.

 I walk right past Aaron without stopping to say a word. I can't look at anyone right now, or I'll die from embarrassment. I knew I shouldn't of come to his place of work. What a fool.

 I rush outside through the almost empty parkinglot and jump in my car and take off. I'm sure I don't have to tell Stefan that , that will never happen again, because I'm sure he will be to busy with his other girls for now on. I pull up at Books For Life, which is where I work Of course. I look at my phone and  lucky for me, I make it to work with five minutes to spare.

I walk inside to see Miles looking at me smiling. I can tell he's in a playfull mood." Hey Miles. I'm here, oh and look I still have a few minutes left. Bet you didn't think that would happen."I say playfully as we both laugh.

He gives me a serious look, while trying to hold back a smile."Well I'm glad you made it on time or I was going to have to just fire you."

Oh crap." I told you I..."

He looks at me all seriousness dissapearing from his face." Kendra I'm joking. I know people have personal problems sometimes, and you might run a little late. It's not very busy when we first open anyways so I'm sure I can handle it by myself for ten minutes."He's always just so calm and relaxed. How is he always like that, it's like he has no worrys at all.I guess that's one thing I always liked about working with Miles. He's a great person to work for. He looks back up at me from his book."So how's that boyfriend of yours? I haven't seen him in here much lately."