Chapter 26

I get home expecting to find the house empty. I walk in to Stefan sitting on the couch. He jumps up when he sees me walk in. " Hi, baby. Did you have a good time?" He has this look on his face as he walks over to give me a hug as if something might be bothering him.

I drop my bag on the floor and plop down on the couch. "Stefan, I can tell something is wrong, are you going to tell me whats bothering you? If it's about Tyler, I really had no idea he was going to be there..

He looks at me for a quick minute before sitting down next to me and rubbing his hand on my leg. "Well, I want to be honest with you. I care about you so much and I never want to hurt you. I hope you can understand that things haven't been easy and I still think about the past." He pauses for a minute and I start to get nervous, not knowing where this is going. I can tell he is getting nervous. " The truth is, I've some what been thinking about Jasmine lately. I don't know what it means, but I don't think that I'm quite 100% over her. She was my first love. Don't get me wrong, I love you with all my heart. I just want you to know the truth. I'm not saying I want her, I'm just saying she's some what on my mind."

I sit back feeling defeated and tired. I love Stefan so much and want nothing more than to be with him, but he needs to know for sure that he's ready to move on before we can get married. I run my hands through Stefans sweaty hair looking him in the eye. " Look, I love you with all my heart and want to be with you. As much as it hurts to admit, we did move a little fast. I want us both to know what we want before one, or both of us get hurt." I kiss him on the lips and grab his hand. " I think that maybe I should go stay with Kelsey for a week. That way we both can do whatever it is that we might need to do before we can move on and be 100% sure that we belong together. If we're meant to be together we will both know in our hearts what we need to do." I look away as tears start falling down my face. I know this is, what is needed.

Stefan grabs my face and kisses me roughly. "I'm sorry Kendra. I just want to be honest. That's how much you mean to me." He grabs my face, brushing the hair out of my face as he kisses my salty lips again.

I look at him, giving him my best smile. " I know and you don't have to be sorry. This will be good for us."

I get ready to walk out of the room to pack up a few things, when Stefan stands up and grabs my arm. He looks me in the eye before grabbing my face and pushing his soft lips to mine. He grabs my leg pulling me up so that my legs are wrapped around his body. Breathing hard he pushes me up against the wall. I pull his hair back a little as I kiss him tenderly on the lips. Then we both pull back as I push my body away from his.

He looks at me with sad eyes. " I'm sorry Kendra." Then he sets me down on the ground.

I pull my shirt down and wipe my wet lips off. "I know, Stefan." I reach for my phone. "I'm going to let Kelsey know that I'll be staying in my old room for a few days or so."

I walk to the room as he follows me. I reach for a bag and throw some clothes in it. Stefan grabs a few things and hands them to me. " Just remember that I love you." Then he pulls me up so that I'm sitting on his lap. He kisses my head and then my cheek.

My phone goes off and I open it to see Kelsey answered back. " She said she'll be here in ten minutes." I say while giving him a sad smile.

* * *

I get out in the car and Kelsey starts freaking out. " What the hell is going on sugar?" She looks at me with worried eyes. I thought they were about to burst out of her head.

I look at her and can't help but to smile. " It will be fine. We're just taking a few days apart. We love eachother but I just think that we both need a few days to make sure that we're ready for that big step. You have to admit that we did move pretty fast. I'm sure it will be just fine."

" Well it better be fine. You guys were meant to be together. I'll beat you both up." She continues to look over at me as she drives.

" It will be fine, just keep your eyes on the road woman." We both laugh and she grabs my hand. Everything will be fine. I hope.