Chapter 16

As soon as I get alone I sit on the floor and cry as my body shakes. I have no idea what I'm doing right now and I just feel so lost. I guess the alchohol doesn't really help much either. I start crying so hard that it's hard to breathe. All these emotions just start running through me. My whole body and heart is screaming for Stefan but I'm just so scared. I hear a knock at the door so I run over to the mirror and start wiping my face off.

I lean against the door and yell."GO AWAY." I can't talk to anyone right now. I might say or do something stupid again.

"Oh come on Kendra it's me." I hear Kelseys voice from outside the door. " Can I please come in?"

I grab the door handle and open it a crack. I look around and see that she's alone so I grab  her arm and yank her inside shutting the door again. " Crap! Crap! Crap! I'm so confused. I mean I just kissed Tyler. Yeah me and Stefan aren't exactly a couple but still, that's got to be bad. Right?" I try to turn away as I feel a tear falling down my cheek.

She looks at me pulls me in for a hug. " Sugar...you messed up but I'm sure Stefan will forgive you and work things out. I can tell he really cares about you." She walks away and sits on the tub. " I mean Stefan hasn't had a girlfriend or any girl in over a year."

I look over at her with a shocked look on my face. " What do you mean, he hasn't had a girl in that long? What about that girl that I saw him with?"

She looks up at me a lets out a small laugh. " Sugar, I just found out that girl you would've seen him with was probably his sister. She was here visiting a bit ago and Aaron said that was the only girl that has come to see him. You know, Stefan hasn't even givin any girls a chance since his ex girlfriend of like 5 years took off with another guy and stomped on his heart. He was devastated. Poor guy."

This all hit me like a ton of bricks. I had the wrong impression of him this whole time when he really was just a sweet nice guy. " Kelsey, I feel so bad. I made him feel like he was a no good player this whole time instead of me letting him show me who he really was. Kelsey...... I think I love him."

She gets up and starts jumping up and down holding on to my shirt. " This is the greatest news ever. You guys are perfect for each other."

"Yeah but are you forgetting something, he's not talking to me." I lean against the wall and put my hands on my face. " Shit! I need to go call him."

I take off running to my room to find my phone. I dial the number and as it starts ringing my heart starts racing. " Please pick up.... please." All I get is the voicemail so I try three more times and everytime I get the same thing. I'm so angry that  I throw my phone on the floor and start crying.

I look up and see Tyler peeping in my room. " Is everything ok? I'm sorry if I messed things up for you." He walks over to my bed and sits down on it.

"Tyler, it's really not your fault. I mean, I did this. I was confused and it's not that I didn't enjoy the kiss but it just shouldn't of happened." I look over at him and run my hands through my hair in frustration.

He stands up and starts heading to the door." Well, I'm sure everything will turn out fine. He's a lucky guy. I don't know you very well but from what I can tell, you're a beautiful sweet girl." Then he walks out of my room leaving me sitting alone, cold and tired.

I lay back on my bed grabbing my phone to try calling one more time. The voicemail picks up so I decide to leave a message. " Stefan, please will you just call me back so we can talk things over. I really..... well care about you. Please!" I hang up and close my eyes. I messed up so bad.

I have to go back to work tomorrow morning so I decide I might as well try to get some sleep tonight and maybe I can figure things out tomorrow.

* * *

I get dressed for work dreading the whole day. I really can't deal with going to work and pretending to be happy to help people. Man this really sucks. I still haven't got my car back so I have my mom heading over to pick me up.

I looki in the mirror one last time before I have to head out, when I hear honking. Oh mom, of course she would honk instead of making a simple phone call. She always hated talking on cell phones. I run outside and get in the car. Right away my mom can tell something's wrong. She has always been able to tell right away.

She looks over at me and puts her hand on my leg. " Honey, what's wrong?"

I let out my breath and look away from her. I knew she was going to want to talk about it." Mom, I really don't feel up to talking right now."

She turns away and starts driving. " Well honey, I know you well and I know you will work things out. What ever it may be, you're a very smart, beautiful girl. You take after me." She said while giggling.

I clear my throat a little and laugh. " Well mom, thanks. I really hope you're right."

* * *

When I get to work and walk in I'm greeted only by Miles." Hey there, you feeling any better today? You look better." He smiles and rubs his stomach.

Well that's got to be a lie because I feel like crap and I'm pretty darn sure I look like crap. I put on a fake smile and look over at him. " Um I guess....I feel a little better." I look down at the floor and start walking away.

Miles walks up behind me and puts his hand on my shoulder. " If you want to talk, you know I will listen." Then he walks in front of me looking me straight in the face.

All of my emotions build up again and I just can't stop the tears from falling. He grabs me and pulls me close to him in a hug and starts stroking my hair." Look Kendra, You're an amazing woman. If this is problems with that Jason guy then screw him he doesn't deserve you anyways. So many guys would jump in front of a bus for you. Don't give him the satisfaction of crying over him. I really like you a lot. You're amazing."

I pull away from him wiping my face off and my now runny nose. " Thanks Miles, that really means a lot. I really like you too. You're a great boss and no this has nothing to do with Jason." I start walking away. " I'm just going to try to be strong and make it through the day. Thanks for the talk."

He grabs a book and walks away. " Anytime, I'm always here if you need me."

"Thanks Miles, same here. I'm here if you need me."

* * *

I spend the next three hours in a little space just going through all the books making them look neat. It really felt nice to just have some piece and quiet. When I finally  get done I go and look for Miles to see what I should do next. I find him sitting in his office.

" Hey, Miles. Is there anything away from everyone that I can do for a bit?" I look at him and smile, hoping it will help me get my way a little."

He walks over and stands close to me." You know what... I've been doing a lot of thinking. I - I well..."

Next thing I know he grabs me and kisses me again. I immediately start struggling to get away from him but he doesn't loosen his grip on me. " Miles, stop. I can't do this."

He jerks my body closer grabbing my ass." Oh come on, you're going to tell me you don't want this after you've been walking around here eyeing me since day one." He picks me up throwing me on the end of the table with him standing between my legs. He kisses me again and shoves his hand up my shirt.

"GET OFF OF ME." I push him as hard as I can and then slap him in the face. He looks at me hard for a minute and then slaps me on my right cheek. He backs away just enough for me to kick him in the nuts." Screw you jerk." I get up and run out the door as fast as I can, not stopping to look to see if he's following.