Chapter 23 Return

Allie

~~~

I gasp loudly when I exhale fresh air. I sit up abruptly and open my eyes. Sounds of swords clashing, men screaming, and elven arrows zipping in the air surround me,

I look down to see the runes on my arms glowing, my wings fully healed, and my katana in hand. I look into the shiny perfect metal and see my eyes glow a bright white.

It's divinity, I glow with divinity.

Gracefully I get to me feet and examine the battle field. I need to save my friends and end this.

A tugging at my heart tells me exactly where to go.

~~~

Grace

~~~

The look on Bilbo's face gives it all away as soon as I ask. I don't even need to hear the answer.

"Grace I'm so sorry. Allie-uh....she," Sam stutters and tries to explain. I hold up my hand to cut her off and shake my head.

"He killed her didn't he? He finally killed her?" I whisper and bite my lip.

"Yes," Bilbo murmurs. "He did."

"I knew something was wrong. I can feel it. I can feel the gaping hole in my soul," I utter and hold my head. Tears start to fall as it dawns on me. She's gone. Her smile is forever out of my life.

"Grace?" Legolas says and gently reaches out to me. I flinch away from him and lean heavily against a wall.

"WHY DID YOU TAKE HER FROM ME!" I suddenly screech and kick the wall. "SHE WAS MY SUN!"

"Grace!" Legolas exclaims and grabs me around the waist. "Calm down."

"SHE'S DEAD! ALLIE IS DEAD! HE KILLED HER! I CANNOT CALM DOWN!" I shout and kick my legs. I feel so much anger and sadness.

"Grace, it's going to be okay. You can get through this," Legolas whispers in my ear. I go limp and let him gently bring me to the ground. Aimlessly I stare at the sky and let tears run down my cheeks.

"How can it be? Nothing will ever be okay again. Look at our people Legolas, so many of them have died.....my sister has died, we will only lose more."

~~~

Allie

~~~

I stand up slowly and look over the battlefield. I feel oddly empty and a darkness clenches around my heart.

Coming back to life takes a toll, especially when you've done it as many times as I have.

I can't explain to cold echoing in my body nor the death of my past self. I wish I wasn't so damaged. I wish I could be the hero they want.

I see bodies miles and miles of bodies, along with warriors fighting over their fallen friends. It's absolute desolation and I have to fix it.

I look at my healed wings and take a deep breath. Time to face my task. With one grand flap of my wings I'm shooting into the air. I hover above the battlefield and draw my katana.

"FOR EREBOR! FOR DALE! FOR GREENWOOD! FOR THE LIGHT!" I battle cry in a loud voice that echoes over the valley. I point my katana to the sky and make a brilliant show of light and power.

It gets the attention of all.

I will end this.

~~~

Alex

~~~

"Where is he? It looks empty. I think Azog has fled," Fili remarks after we finish the orcs.

"I don't think so," Thorin mutters. I agree with him for the first time in forever on this.

"FOR EREBOR! FOR DALE! FOR GREENWOOD! FOR THE LIGHT!" A loud voice suddenly booms and bright white light flashes across the sky. I grin up at it and lift my dagger and let out my own battle cry.

It's Allie, they've sent her back to us again.

"Was that?" Kili asks with wide eyes.

"Yes it was. Allie has come back," I reply and grin widely. I can feel my hopes just skyrocket and my chest flutter.

"I won't believe she's alive till I see her and feel her," Thorin utters with a dark scowl. I bet he's imagining just what Allie is going to do to him.

"If she is truly back we can celebrate later," Dwalin says and crosses his arms. "I hope she has. That little spitfire deserved more than what happened to her." Thorin's face becomes sad and regretful instantly.

"We still need to fight regardless," Fili points out making Thorin snap out of his guilt haze.

"Fili, take your brother. Scout out the towers. Keep low and out of sight. If you see something, report back, do not engage. Do you understand?" Thorin orders and looks straight at them. he gives Fili a quick hug and gently head butts Kili. There's a fondness and worry in his eyes.

"Be careful Kili. You come back," I demand and crouch down to his level.

"I will. Can I have a kiss for luck?" Kili asks with a smirk. I find his dopey smile growing on me.

"Yes, for good luck," I respond and pull him in. Our lips meet in a surprisingly electric kiss. "I'll give you another when you return."

"I will hold you to that," he says and I chuckle before hugging him tightly. I can't help but feel I'm losing him.

"We have company. Goblin mercenaries. No more than a hundred," Dwalin reports and points to the incoming mini army. I stand back up and draw both daggers.

"We'll take care of them," I declare and throw a dagger right into a goblins eye.

"Go! Go!" Thorin shouts making Kili and Fili jump into action and dash away.

"Things may be looking up," I murmur to myself and slice another mercenaries neck.

~~~

Allie

~~~

I soar over the field and follow the gentle tug at my heart to Ravenhill. On its peak I see mercenaries swarming Alex, Dwalin, and Thorin.

"HAH!" I yell out, land gracefully, and swipe a perfect cut through three approaching Alex. "LIGHT BEHOLD YOU!" With surprising precision I slice through the mercenaries fighting perfectly.

It has to be magic making me this good, I have never fought like this before. It's quite a rush actually. I feel almost untouchable.

For the last few I lower my katana and hold up a brightly glowing hand. With a burst of power they are vaporized. I lower my hand and very cautiously turn to face Thorin, Dwalim, and Alex.

"Allie? You're alive! I knew that light was you! I fucking knew it!"