Chapter 26 Bilbo

Natalie

~~~

Emily's pained scream is heard by everyone. Fili is hurt or worse dead.

"T-that was Emily," Lacy chokes out. Smaug placed her in the town hall and I made a makeshift bed. Wrapping Lacy in bandages was hard considering she kept crying in pain and she was hurt most everywhere. I try to avoid thinking the worst.

"Don't talk just rest. Smaug I'll stay with her you go help please. Attack the new oncoming army before they have a chance to destroy us," I say and rub his arm affectionately. I try to keep my head and remain strategic but with elves falling like flies and my friends fighting to the death it's hard.

"As you wish my lady," Smaug replies and bows his head to me. I lean up and kiss his forehead gently in an insane second of courage. I don't want to die before I can  show my sou

"I am lucky to have you around my lord," I counter making both Smaug and I chuckle. He gives another bow and flies out the door.

I look back at Lacy to find she's fallen back into unconsciousness. She's so desperate to live but I'm not sure she can.

~~~

Grace

~~~

Allie doesn't move and just stares after them for a long minute.

"Allie we have to fight," I say gently and place a hand on her shoulder.

"I can still feel his hands on my throat squeezing and then letting go," Allie utters and I look down to see the total horror in her eyes. It's makes me want to stomp right up to that dwarf and cut his fucking head off. "My own soulmate...killed me."

"Allie-"

"Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse for me," she says cutting me off. I can see in her eyes who she's thinking of.

"Grace! Tauriel we have to go!" Legolas snaps and takes off running towards where he can help. Tauriel shoots after him. Allie shakes her head and raises her katana confidently. With one wing flap she takes off. She must me want to think about that. I don't either.

"Don't die on me again," I shout after her. Holding my daggers tight I launch myself forward to help Alex in making sure her soulmate doesn't get himself killed. 

Bilbo joins in fighting as valiantly as any hobbit could side by side with Dwalin.

~~~

Tauriel

~~~

I hear Bolg shout orders in black speech and then the hoard of bats ascends. Stomping alerts me to more approaching orcs.

"Legolas we have more company," I call nervously. I feel weaker than usual because of Lacy's injuries.

"Thanks Tauriel!" he shouts back and runs to jump off the edge. I nearly scream in terror but the I see him come back up. He's clinging to a bat! I watch as he steers it to the top of the tower and start to head up some steps myself.

"You're a crazy elf Legolas!" I shout after him with a breath of a laugh. Shaking my head I push all thoughts of my weak love to the back of my mind.

An orc suddenly attacks and I grunt when he gets a hit in my side.

"Stupid orc," I growl and shove him off and into the adjacent wall. With my upper hand I manage to stab him in the neck before he can do further damage.

Taking a deep breath I concentrate and listen for Kili.

"Tauriel! I can handle my idiot soulmate could you see to his brother?" Alex requests coming up next to me. Normally I would insist on helping but I must be cautious. Lacy is doing poorly and if I get hurt it could worsen her condition.

"Definitely," I chirp as a familiar yell grabs both of our eyes. It is Kili taking on a group of orcs himself.

"No. Kili!" Alex screeches and sprints up the steps to get to him. Hastily I run down the steps to search for Fili.

~~~

Grace

~~~

Keeping one eye on Allie in the air and one eye on my enemies I tear through orcs expertly. More and more just keep swarming as I try to make my way up to where the leaders are. It doesn't matter who kills Azog in Bolg it just matters that they die.

~~~

Sam

~~~

The fight slowly begins to cool down in Dale and on the steps of Erebor. Lowering my axe I flop to the ground and breathe in deeply.

"So fucking exhausting," I grumble and wipe my forehead. During the fight I lost track of Bilbo, Jacob, and Lacy but I assume they're okay. They weren't in the valley where things got the worst. Well Jacob was but he's a good fighter.

"Lady Sam I require your assistance," Smaug announces and lands next to me. I don't even jump in surprise, I just groan.

"What now? Oh wait let me guess there's another fucking army," I grumble and let Smaug help me to my feet.

"There is in fact, good guess Lady Sam," Smaug remarks with a smirk. I just roll my eyes and let out a puff of air. Of course there fucking is.

"Alright just take me there and if you don't mind  snag Jacob too," I sigh and let the dragon man sling an arm around my waist and take me up. Smaug flies over the battlefield and scans it for elf boy.

Jacob is in Dale kneeling at the body of a fallen elf. Smaug lands silently and let's me down. I step forward tentatively and reach out to him.

"This is Dailen, he was m-my best friend," Jacob stammers and looks up at me with teary eyes. "And that's Helen his soulmate." Jacob points to another body lying a few feet away.

"You've lost many today Jacob. I'm so sorry," I say seriously and rub his shoulder. I know I would be just as upset as him is this was Elronds army.

"How many more have to die?" Jacob asks and lets tears fall down his cheeks.

"I don't know," I answer and pull him in for a tight embrace. "I don't know."

Seconds later we both feel a pain in our heads and gasp.

"Bilbo."

Adventures Of The Warriors And The DeadOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara