ben simmons ↠ movie time

It was a Friday night, and your boyfriend of almost a year was spending the night over at your place to spend some alone time together.

"Babe, what should we watch?" You called out to Ben from the living room. He was in the kitchen making the popcorn, in preparation for your night.

"I don't know, something scary though." He said walking into the living room.

You pouted and whined. "I hate scary movies though."

Every since you were young, you've hated scary movies. You always ended up getting scared and having nightmares, so you never watched them.

"That sucks." He replied before scarfing down a hand full of popcorn. He flipped through the scary movies on Netflix.

"Insidious, The Conjuring, or Annabelle?" He asked looking over to you.

You stared back at him. "None."

"Insidious it is."

He started the movie, and you cuddled up to him, bracing yourself for the night ahead of you.

***

You had the blanket half way over your eyes as it was getting to a scary part.

"Why do white peoples always move towards the damn sound? If it was me, I would be getting the hell up outta there. Fuck I look like being killed in my own house?"

Ben chuckled after you said that. He was so engaged into the movie you were surprised he heard what you said.

You couldn't help but think about how lucky you were. You had an amazing boyfriend right beside you, who meant the world to you. You stared at him, mesmerized by how cute he was.

He caught you staring at him.

"What?" He said in his Australian accent. You found it so adorable how every now and then you could hear his accent when we spoke. He tried so hard to cover it, but he failed sometimes.

"Nothing." You smiled and then looked at the television screen again.

The music was really creepy, and you were getting scared.

"Ben, I'm scared." You said while cuddling closer to him.

He wrapped his long arms aground you, and kissed your forehead, instantly making you feel safe. "Nothing's gonna happen to you baby girl, I won't let anything or anyone hurt you."

"I love you, you know that?" You smiled looking up at him.

"Not as much as I love you."

Sometimes alone time with Ben, was all you really needed.

I totally didn't make an imagine for myself 🌝