d'angelo russell ↠ winning her over

for: itsjasminaye
clean

"When we get in there, I don't want you talking to them, looking at them, or even breathing the same air as them. Got it?"

Your cousin Kobe decided to lecture you as you walked up the stairs to the training center. He wanted to bring you to one of their practices, but he made sure to be cautious.

He knew how his teammates could be, and he didn't want them trying anything on you. After all, he was really protective.

"Okay, fine, I get it." You answered rolling your eyes. You felt like you were grown, and you could do without him treating you like a baby.

Kobe opened the doors to the training center, with you following close behind. Your eyes gazed the building, as there were lots to see.

You followed him to one of the courts, and noticed most of his teammates busy doing drills and other basketball related things.

He was in the middle of telling you something before a guy with bushy eyebrows, and plump lips interrupted him.

You recognized him as D'Angelo Russell, rookie point guard out of The Ohio State University.

"Wassup." The guy said dapping up your cousin, while you stood there awkwardly.

"And who's this pretty girl?" He said turning his attention to you. You thought he was incredibly good looking, and that contributed to the fact you started blushing.

You were about to thank him for his compliment before your cousin interrupted.

"This is my cousin Jasmin, but she's also someone you won't be talking to, or trying anything with." He said it in a sarcastic tone which annoyed you.

"Chill bro, I was just complimenting her." The cute guy said.

Kobe let out a deep breath. "D'Angelo, we accept your compliment, now go back to putting up shots, it would do the team good."

Although you thought your cousin was being a little dramatic, you couldn't help but silently giggle, at the fact we said "we".

D'Angelo walked away, but your thoughts of him had remained.

Kobe decided to introduce you to some of the other guys, and they all seemed pretty chill as well. I should come here more often.

Practice went on, and you later decided to go and see D'Angelo. He was practicing his free throws before he noticed you walking over.

"Hey." You shyly greeted.

He had the ball under his arm and walked over to you. "You sure you supposed to be talking to me?"

"I know how Kobe can be sometimes, don't worry about it." You slightly giggled.

"Aight cool, you wanna play 1 on 1? I heard you got some mean handles, but not better than mine of course."

Confident, but not cocky, you observed in your head.

You took off your sweater, which left you in a tank top and Nike joggers.

You used to play basketball collegiately, but you decided it wasn't the right path for you.

D'Angelo chest passed the ball to you. You put the ball through your legs and continued dribbling towards him. "I'm pretty good with dribbling balls, so have fun guarding me." You said sure of yourself.

"What other balls are you good with?" He retorted. His comment caught you off guard, which allowed him to steal the ball and lay it up and in.

"You think you got jokes huh?" You said checking the ball to him.

"I might." He vaguely responded.

This guy is something else.

***

"Go lakers!" You screamed at the top of your lungs, just as your cousin Kobe drained a three, putting the lakers up a few more points against the Brooklyn Nets.

You had gotten court side seats to tonight's game, and you were extremely excited to see Kobe play. And D'Angelo of course.

D'Angelo was on fire, drilling threes left and right, giving him a career-high game.

Anytime he got a three ball, he looked right at you and winked, and your heart raced in response. You hated to admit it, but you were catching feelings.

The clock was winding down, and D'Angelo dribbled up the court, with two defenders inching closer to him.

He pulled up from about 35 feet, let it fly, and drilled the three. The arena went crazy. He looked towards one of the cameras, pointed to his forearm and said something, but you couldn't decipher what was said.

The lakers ended up taking the dub, and D'Angelo was the hero of the game.

He did his post game interview, and you decided to wait for him outside the locker room to congratulate him.

The people who worked in the arena knew you were related to Kobe, so you were allowed in any part of the arena you wanted.

You patiently waited outside the locker room, and scrolled through your Twitter feed. D'Angelo was trending #1 worldwide, and you smiled at all the praise he was receiving.

"Hey." A voice caught you off guard, and when you looked up, D'Angelo was standing there.

"Oh hi, I just wanted to congratulate you on your career game. You played amazing." You complimented, before you hugged him.

"Thanks, can I ask you something Jas?" He said before pulling away from the hug.

"I think you're extremely beautiful, funny, smart, and an all around cool person. You have vibe that no one else does, and it's the kind of vibe I enjoy being around. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I would love to have you as my girlfriend Jasmin." D'Angelo looked at you, waiting for your response.

"I-I don't know D, you know how my cousin can be." You were hesitant in trying all this, because you didn't know how Kobe would react.

"He doesn't need to know right away, we can tell him when the time is right." He pleaded.

You thought about it for a second, and you realized you couldn't say no to him.

"Okay D, I'll be your girlfriend." He smiled at your words and you hugged him again.

It was time for you to take control of your own life, and not have your cousin telling you what you could/couldn't do. You were more than ready to start this new stage in your life.

"By the way, what did you say when you drilled that three at the end?" You had been wondering that since the game ended.

"It's a celebration I've done since high school, I said that I've got ice in my veins." He replied with a small laugh.

You smiled at his response, because if the relationship worked out, ice wouldn't be the only thing in his veins.

Hopefully you guys understood the ending, the other thing would be love, corny ik but whatevs 😂

I hope you guys enjoyed, and just a heads up that requests are temporarily closed until I finish up the current ones.

Sorry for any mistakes, I didn't feel like proofreading 😂