Being late to everything, including breakfast.

Magnus knew, he knew, that he should have been paying attention to the tour,but he hadn't and now he was hungry and had no idea where the dining hall was. As if his day couldn't get any worse, a blonde asshole crashed into him, knocking them both to the ground.

"Hey! Watch where you're going sparkles!" The blonde stranger shouted as he tried to pick himself up off the floor, Magnus huffed indignantly.

"Well maybe I wouldn't have to if morons like you wouldn't sprint right into me!" They stood there glaring at each other for a couple more moments before blondie offered his hand to shake.

"I haven't seen you around here before, you new?" Magnus laughed,

"That obvious, huh?" Now it was blondie's turn to laugh,

"Why aren't you at breakfast?" Magnus shrugged,

"Couldn't find the mess hall." Blondie looked around, as if he was looking for someone.

"Didn't Alec show you around?" Magnus had to stop himself from rolling his eyes,

"Yes, but I found it rather hard to pay attention." Blondie offered him a knowing smile,

"My brother is rather boring, isn't he?" Magnus did actually roll his eyes this time, which made blondie bark out a laugh.

"Not that I'm not enjoying this conversation or anything but I would rather enjoy it over breakfast." Blondie nodded,

"Agreed I'll show you where it is, we're already late anyway."

When the pair entered the canteen, as Blondie (whose real name was Jace but Magnus liked blondie better) had called it, they were hit with the overwhelming aroma of food. Jace led Magnus through the line telling him what to do and what foods to avoid, Jace even offered Magnus a spot at his table, which Magnus accepted gratefully. When they sat down there were already two people seated, a dark haired dark eyed girl who offered him a small smile and a wave as she dug into her pancakes, and a dark haired boy who had his nose buried in a book.

"You're late." The faceless black haired boy mumbled not looking up from his book, Jace rolled his eyes playfully.

"Sorry I was just showing the new kid here how to find this place, which, last I checked, was your job was it not?" The dark haired boy looked up annoyed, Magnus had a feeling it was likely Alec since Jace had mentioned them being brothers.

"I did show him around, it's not my fault he wasn't paying attention." Alec growled lowly at his brother.

"And it's not his fault that you're horribly boring brother dearest." The dark hair girl said as she dabbed her mouth with a napkin, she then turned her brown almost black eyes to Magnus with a welcoming smile.

"I'm Isabelle, and you've already met my brothers, I apologize on the be half of Alec for his deadly boring tour." Magnus almost choked on his coffee laughing when she said that, Alec just frowned.

"It wasn't that boring was it?" Alec asked almost worriedly. Before Magnus could answer microphone back feed rang throughout the mess hall, leaving the four occupants at the table to cover their ears, as did most of the other students present.

"Test, test, test." Came a distinctly male voice over whatever intercom system they had set up.

"Alright, Can everyone hear me?" The voice boomed, an answer of murmurings and curses filled the luncheonette.

"Alright don't use that language with me, I want everyone to stand for the pledge, don't give me that look Donavan, I can see you you know!" Magnus stood with everyone else and said the pledge, which shouldn't have been as surprising as it was that they still said that here, and sat down when everyone else did.
Magnus looked up from his food a few minutes later to find Alec watching him, but before Magnus could ask him what was wrong Alec spoke,

"Can I see your schedule?" Magnus was quick to pull it out and hand the piece of paper over with a smile. Alec gave it a once over and handed it back,

"I'll walk to your first class, since I have the same class after all." Magnus held in his sigh of relief but couldn't help the smile that had spread across his face.

"That'd be wonderful, thank you."