The trip back

Magnus didn't understand how people said rowing downstream was easy, he knew it was probably harder on Alec with all of the sharp turns and need to continually steer so they're not running into shallow banks or the side of a cliff, but that didn't excuse the fact that at least on the trip up there he had at least a few seconds to rest his arms. Sadly, not on the way back.

When they finally stopped for lunch Magnus was exhausted, but at least he had managed to not flip the canoe yet, Jace wasn't so lucky. Both him and Isabelle were covered in mud and water from the river, as was all of their stuff. Jace huffed and collapsed onto the ground, Magnus looked up from his makeshift salad.

"What happened to you?" Jace just groaned and threw an arm over his eyes as he leaned back and rested his head on Alec's thigh.

"Isabell." Magnus looked up as the aforementioned person waltzed over, not a spec of mud on her.

"How is that even possible?" Jace whined as he gestured at his sister, Isabell just rolled her eyes and settled gently down next to Magnus.

"I'm pure hearted, it repels the dirt."

"Bull." Alec just laughed and rolled his eyes,

"Whatever Izzy,"

"It's true!"

"Sure.."