Stalker

It had been years since Raphael had even heard from him, well not really years but it felt like it. Honestly if Raphael had thought that going outside for a breath of fresh air would allow him to see the man who had made Alec's and his life a living hell he wouldn't have gone outside. The creep hadn't come up to him just stared for a minute than smiled and waved before walking off, sadly the stalker's distant behavior hadn't stopped the panic attack that had taken over that had caused him to sprint up to his room.

Once there however Raphael couldn't decide on who to call, calling the police would guarantee that they would arrive but he didn't know how long it would take them to get here, on the other hand calling the campus police he couldn't guarantee that they would actually take this seriously. Oh god what the hell was he supposed to do? His hand had clearly already decided on a course of action however and had pressed what had quickly become a frequent number saved in his phone, he pressed the phone to his ear and listened to the cold ring once, twice.

"911 what is your emergency?"

"Hello, my name is Raphael Santiago and I'm at the Institute academy in New York. I just saw Sebastian Morgenstern outside of the Herondale Building." There was silence on the other end of the line for a moment before the woman's clear voice cut through the silence.

"Mr. Santiago, where are in relationship to the building?"

"Inside, Alexander Lightwood is in the building as well. I saw him come in." More silence but this time he could hear muffled voices in the background.

"Remain in the building and remain out of sight, we are sending police your way now."

"Thank you." With that Raphael's phone decided it had served its purpose and promptly died.

"Stupid piece of crap." He grumbled at the phone as he began to sort through the contents of his desk to find a phone charger.

"What the hell? Where did I put that stupid charger?" That's when he realized that if its not here than it's probably at Simon's. God dammit, he was told to stay in the building and he had no way of contacting Simon or his mother or even Lily. Raphael hadn't even noticed that he was crying until then, he rubbed angrily at his eyes and walked to the door, leaving his phone on his desk.

Walking into the bathroom he saw Magnus, he didn't really talk to Magnus so he instead stumbled over to one of the sinks and hung his head. That's when he felt hands on his shoulders,

"Is there something wrong?"

Well wasn't that a bitch? Everything was wrong, but Magnus didn't need to know that. Raphael just needed to call Simon, calling Simon would make everything better.

"No." Dios, his voice sounded so impossibly weak and fragile, Raphael Santiago was neither fragile nor weak. Than Magnus pulled him into his arms and just held him, shushing him gently.

"Do you have your phone on you? Mines dead and-" Magnus gently shushed him and stepped away,

"You don't have to explain yourself to me." Magnus stepped away from the other boy and looked away as Raphael scrubbed at his eyes. Magnus handed his phone to Raphael and looked away to gather his things so that Raphael could punch in the number that had become ingrained in his mind. Magnus turned back to face him as Raphael pressed the phone to his ear.

"Just return it to my room when you're done, alright?" Raphael just offered him a weak smile in return, Magnus than walked out of the bathroom and returned to his own room. Raphael listened to the phone ring once, twice,

"Hello?" A groggy, sleepy, wonderful voice answered the phone other side of the line.

"Hey baby, I know it's late but I really need to talk to you."

"What happened?" The voice of his lover was a lot more awake and alert,

"Raph, are you crying what's going on over there?"

"He showed up." Raphael was shaking again, he could see the tremble in the hand that still gripped the sink.

"Dammit, have you called the police?"

"Yes they're on their way, and the 911 operator said they'll be here in a few minutes." Raphael could hear Simon pacing on the other end of the line and the quiet swears tumbling out of his mouth.

"Fuck, do you know where Alec is?" Raphael nodded even though he knew that Simon couldn't see him,

"He's in the building with me, from what I remember he's hanging out in Magnus' room." Simon laughed, it was short and more of a huff but it still counted as a laugh.

"Do you want me to come over?"

"No, I'm good. It makes me feel better just talking to you." His hands had stopped shaking and he was no longer leaning on the sink for support.

"You know you left your charger here." Simon sounded amused, like they hadn't just been talking about the very really possibility that Raphael or Alec could be kidnaped tonight.

"Yes, it's why I'm calling you from Magnus' phone. Mine died after calling the police." Another small but genuine laugh,

"Alright, I'll talk to you later babe. Call me if something happens."

"Of course, goodnight baby." With that the call ended and Raphael was left alone with Magnus' phone and a dripping faucet.