Chapter 7- Night At Rin's

"So what do you want to do?" Rin asks, plopping himself on his bed.

Haru shrugged.

Haru honestly wanted to sit and think about Makoto, with company. Of course, Rin wouldn't understand. Rin was a crybaby, he never had to lose somebody he loved. At least, that was what Haru thought.

"How was your first year of college?"

"Good."

"Man, you're hard to talk to."

Haru was only half listening. All he could think about was Makoto this and Makoto that. Did Makoto move on? He found a new group of friends to hang out with. A group that wasn't fully immersed in swimming. Makoto never really liked swimming, he only did it because Haru wanted too. Haru cursed himself for being so self-centered and selfish, never caring about what Makoto wanted.

But it's technically Makoto's fault, Makoto didn't complain.

Alas, Makoto isn't that type of person to complain. Especially to Haru. Makoto is that type of person that prefers to keep it all inside and not tell a soul what's wrong with him. He wants to make people happy, and doesn't want his problems to trouble them. Maybe Makoto couldn't hold it any longer, and realized that he could no longer be with the swim club? 

"Oi Haruka, you listening?"

Haru groaned, falling on Rin's lap, causing Rin to fall down.

"You poor child," Rin turned his face away, and blushing, began playing with Haru's hair.

"I want to die," Haru mumbled.

"I'm not going to let you, idiot."

"What's the point. Makoto doesn't love me."

"He does, he does."

"Why is he still with Haruhi then?"

"He... Doesn't want to hurt her feelings by breaking up with her."

"But doesn't he care about me more?"

"Well," Rin let out a frustrated sigh. "He cares about all feelings."

Haru stuffed his face in Rin's chest, silently sobbing.

Rin blushed. Usually he would brush off somebody that asked for advice. Except Sousuke, of course. But he's not part of this story. Anyways, Rin was extremely caring, compared to his usual self. Not to mention he blushed. Perhaps, Rin likes Haru?

That can't be. Rin was very arrogant, and felt as if he was too good for Haru. Besides, Rin believed he was straight. Straight as in not into boys. Straight as in not into Haru.

Rin couldn't find a word to describe how Haru looked like when he petted him. Haru was like a cat... and cats are.. cute?

No way. Rin... Rin couldn't like Haru. Besides, Rin knew Haru didn't share the same feelings. Haru was only here because he needed help because his boyfriend had a girlfriend.

"Thank you," Haru whispered.

"For?"

"Being there for me,"

Look at that. Rin's heart started thumping faster, his ears turning red.

"Rin, are you okay?" Haru asked, looking up.

"I'm fine." Rin turned away.

Haru inched closer to Rin's face.

"You want me to be your Makoto for the day?" Rin asked.

Haru shook his head.

"Nobody can replace Makoto."

Obviously, Rin was slightly hurt, but he brushed it off. Besides, Haru was a frank person and never bothered taking other people's feelings into thought.

"What about..." Rin felt really stupid for trying to please Haru. "Next week, we go to Ouran High School and surprise Makoto?"

Yea, Rin. 100% straight.

"I'll look up the Ouran class schedule, and where the Host Club is located. Then, we can sneak in there and surprise Makoto! I'm sure he'll be there next week."

"Why are you so nice to me?"

"...I'm your friend, Haruka."

"But you're not usually this nice. You're even letting me sleep on you."

"Well because you're upset and I just want you to be happy."

"You sound like Makoto,"

Rin winced.

"I'm j-just trying to be nice, Haru. If you don't like it-"

Before Rin could continue, Haru nudged Rin's chest, as if signaling that he wanted to sleep. Although Haru said that nobody could replace Makoto, he still pretended Rin was Makoto. It felt good, the warmth of the body. It was better than any pillow...

Alas, that was Rin's chest, not Makoto's.