Chapter 8- Welcome to Ouran High

...Which is why Makoto is so important to me, Haru sulked in the bathtub.

His train of thoughts were interrupted by the loud knocking sound on his front door, since all of his friends were too good to use the doorbell. Haru hurriedly dried himself, put on his clothes, and rushed to answer the door. 

"What are those bags for?" Haru analyzed Rin's luggage.

"We're going to Ouran High School, remember?" Rin reminded.

You thought it was  Australia? That was so Season 2.

Haru nodded. He turned around to gather his belongings, which consisted of his phone, swimsuit and other things that he could fit into an average sized backpack. Haru ran after Rin, and the two walked towards the airport.

--

"Are you sure we're in the right place?" Haru gazed at the gigantic palace.

"That's Ouran High. The super rich and wealthy go here. That explains the mansion-looking appearance."

"Where's the Host Club?"

"Apparently in the unused third Music room." Rin started walking towards the campus.

"If this is a super rich school, aren't there security cameras that'll catch us?" 

"Nah. Countless people sneaked their way into this campus. We'll be fine."

Then, ten police cars blocked the entrance to the school.

Just joking. They actually successfully made their way to the third music room in the school.

"Is this it?" Haru whispered. The halls were empty, so if Haru raised his voice, he would've attract attention.

Rin nodded.

Before the two could go in, they noticed a voice. It was almost like... a moan? Was somebody in trouble?

"The door's slightly opened." Rin whispered, as the two sneaked a look at what was going on.

They had to be careful. This was rich people they were dealing with, and rich people are usually crazy.

The two snuck a look inside the room. They could see a blonde man sexually assaulting somebody, vigorously kissing her neck and face. 

"Tamaki stop," She ordered, but he ignored her.

Rin turned away and started hyperventilating. His ears turned red, as if he were the one embarrassed. I mean, if you accidentally caught two people kissing, wouldn't you be embarrassed?  

"That girl..." Haru inched closer into the room, careful to not fully enter it.

Short-haired brunette...Brown eyes... No, it can't, Haru stared in shock.

Or could it?

"What?" Rin joined Haru.

"That's Makoto's girlfriend."

Rin choked.

"You like it, don't you?" Tamaki whispered, biting her ear.

Haruhi didn't flinch. Her eyes looked more confused than afraid. 

Haruhi never suspected anybody flirting with her. She didn't understand. She has accidentally turned down countless people without knowing, and was surprised when they later told her that they like her. Tamaki was the same thing. Haruhi couldn't understand why Tamaki was sucking her neck.

Pfft it wasn't because he LIKED her or anything.

"Well I mean it's comfortable," Haruhi agreed. "But stop biting me so aggressively." 

"You do know what I'm doing to you, right?" Tamaki asked, seeing that Haruhi didn't make one move towards him.

"You're trying to say that you're hungry?"

"For you."

"Well I'll go to the supermarket and buy something to make you lunch."

"No, I meant your body."

Haruhi slowly slided away from Tamaki, pushing him away. "I-I didn't know you were a cannibal..."

"No! Not literally eat your body. I want to get it on with you."

"Oh! You should've been more straightforward."

"But I- nevermind. Would Makoto mind?"

"I'm pretty sure he's okay with it. I don't think he ever liked me. I remember the first time we met he said that he liked my name. I'm pretty sure that's the only reason why he dated me."

"Then you wouldn't mind that I date you?" Tamaki offered.

"Not at all."

Tamaki pulled Haruhi from the floor and the two walked towards the exit of the music room. Rin and Haru scrambled to find a hiding spot before the two walked out.

"It smells like chlorine in here," Tamaki sniffed.

Oh crap. Haru and Rin thought in unison. They were hiding behind the door. Chlorine wasn't a normal smell for a high school. At least, a super rich high school.

"Makoto smells like chlorine!"

"Then we better hurry," Tamaki hurriedly pushed Haruhi away. "I'll cancel today's host meeting and close the host club. Good thing we didn't have anything set up." 

The two swimmers held their breath, hoping that Tamaki and Haruhi wouldn't catch them. As soon as they were gone, they began to hear students approaching.

"Crap, class ended, let's go." Rin tugged Haru from their hiding spot.

"But Makoto-"

"He won't be there. Once he realizes that Haruhi isn't there, he's going to leave."

Haru sighed and followed Rin to the courtyard.

--

"I'm sorry you had to see that," Rin patted Haru on the back, who was curled up in a ball.

"Haruhi doesn't even like Makoto."

"Well Makoto doesn't like Haruhi either."

"Yes he does."

"Haru, I'm trying to make you feel better."

"But why?" Haru didn't understand. "Why does Makoto like Haruhi so much? Haruhi doesn't seem to care about relationships! She doesn't value him like I do! Her life doesn't depend on his!"

"How about we tell him the next time we see him? Then he'll break up with her and-"

"No. Makoto will get heartbroken. I don't want to see him in pain."

Can you imagine Makoto crying because of something  Haru did?

"But he won't be in pain because he gets you!"

"But he's straight."

Haru had a point. It wasn't a correct point, but it was good enough to stump Rin.

"Homo or Hetero, Makoto only chose Haruhi because he liked her name, not because he truly loved her."

"Makoto liked her name, but he also likes her personality and everything."

"Oh my god," Rin heaved a heavy sigh. "What if Makoto dated Haruhi because her named reminded him of you?"

I'm glad Rin said that, or else I would've had to tell Haru through a dream and he already had one to many.

"What are the chances-?"

"Haru, he likes you," Rin soothed, hugging Haru.

Haru sighed. Rin didn't understand Makoto like he did. Haru was the only one that understood Makoto.

He was the only one that understood him enough to love him.

--

...That didn't make any sense but ok.