Chapter 14- Happily Ever After

"Mako-chan! Mako-chan!" Nagisa squealed, hugging the brunette.

"Nagisa," Makoto returned the embrace.

"Makoto-senpai!" Rei shouted. "I'm so happy you're all better now." Rei kneeled down to examine Makoto's ankle. It was, in fact, all better.

A couple weeks before the new semester, otherwise known as today, Makoto's ankle was all better. He no longer had to wear the support bandages, and the crutches? He stopped using them after a few weeks, since he no longer needed it.

Nagisa, Rei and Rin came to celebrate, and of course to reunite the swim club one last time before they parted. Rei was going away next week to a university somewhere else in Japan. He wanted to study chemistry and become a famous scientist. Nagisa, on the other hand, had no idea what to do with his life whatsoever.

"I plan on becoming an alien-fighter mermaid, that will protect scary aliens from Earth!" Nagisa daydreamed.

Rin wanted to become a swimmer, that would compete on behalf of Australia. Haru wanted the same, except he was competing for Japan. Makoto went to a university in Tokyo to study about becoming a sports teacher. A swim teacher, to be exact.

It's truly quite emotional to see the five dorks growing up.

Anyways, Makoto was very happy to see his beloved teammates once more. He had spent almost a year with a new group of friends before he realized that he belonged with his Iwatobi group instead. Haruhi and Tamaki are now a happy couple, just like Makoto and Haru. However, no matter how many times Haru tells him not too, Makoto was still contacting Haruhi, texting her and calling her like nothing went wrong.

Haru would never understand how Makoto was so forgiving.

"Guess what I brought?" Nagisa asked, separating himself from Makoto. 

The blonde ran away and came back with a basket full of bread.

"Iwatobi cream buns! They're to celebrate you getting better!"

"I also brought cake!" Rei declared proudly. "It's chocolate, your favorite!"

"I brought me," Rin snickered.

"And I brought this," Haru gave Makoto a small kiss on the cheek, causing Nagisa and Rei to squeal and Rin to look away.

Rin wasn't jealous, he just doesn't like public displays of affection. It kinda grosses him out. He was very happy to see Haru with somebody that he loved. Perhaps one day Rin will find somebody to love as well?

Ahem, Sousuke's waiting. But he's not in this story so I guess Rin has to make love with someone else.

"Let's go watch a movie!" Nagisa suggested, tugging Rei to Makoto's living room.

"Why don't we ask Makoto what he wants to do, since it's his house and all," Rei grunted, trying to free himself from Nagisa's grasp.

"A movie sounds great," Makoto smiled cheerfully.

"That's good! I brought a movie, it's called the Iwatobi-chan zilla!"

"Nagisa, that's not even a real movie!" Rei rolled his eyes.

"You wouldn't know, you don't watch TV!"

"I too watch TV!"

"I bet all you watch is the news. Iwatobi-chan zilla is a great movie!"

"No I'm pretty sure Iwatobi zilla isn't a thing," Haru assured.

Nagisa laughed, wrapping his arms around Haru and Makoto. Rin joined, then Rei, causing the five to fall on the floor, in a laughing mess of tangled bodies. 

--

...That's the end of the book! Thank you guys so much for reading! Of course I had to end this book with an Author's Note, it's a thing I do.