Chapter 12- Hospital

"Stupid, stupid bastard!" Haru shouted, addressing to no one but himself.

Haru impatiently sat in the waiting room, waiting until the nurses working there allowed him to see Makoto.

"All I care about is my own entertainment," Haru murmured under his breath. "I put Makoto's life in danger, just so I could satisfy my thirst for his attention! I'm really an idiot. I physical- no, mentally and physically hurt Makoto. Why, why would he ever love me in return? He'll never love me, not after this, not after what I did to him."

"Are you alright, sir?" A woman dressed in white interrupted, opening the door.

Haru nodded.

"Haruka Nanese? Makoto is waiting for you." The woman gestured into the hallway.

Waiting, huh? I doubt that, Haru thought to himself, since he didn't want other people to think he was crazy talking to himself. He'll probably look at my face in disgust. I know I know, he said he loved me. But that was probably to ease my throbbing heart. He could feel it. He didn't mean what he said. I don't blame him, I'm worthless.

"Haru!" Makoto waved, happy to finally see his beloved friend. "Come here, I want to hug you."

Why don't you look at that, Haru. Maybe Makoto does have a thing for you.

Haru's heart leaped with joy as he rushed to Makoto's side, giving him a loving embrace. It had been about a week since Haru last saw Makoto. Makoto had to go through surgery to fix his twisted ankle, but it was nothing major. Thankfully, he got away with a grade 2 damage, resulting that it would heal in about two months.

Praise the Lord that it wasn't forever, or else Haru would've never forgave himself.

"How can I make it up to you?" Haru whispered, his voice muffled in Makoto's shirt.

"Say you love me," Makoto ordered, running his fingers through Haru's hair.

"After all I did to you? You could've died because I was so wreckless. How...How are so forgiving?"

"Because I love you Haru. And I know it was an accident. I know you didn't mean for me to get hurt. Besides," Makoto lifted Haru's chin. "You were the only one that was there for me when I was hurt. That means so much more than what other people gave me. So will you say it?"

"Yes," Haru's eyes teared up. "Yes, Makoto. I-I love you. I love you so much."

Makoto gave a hearty chuckle."And I love you so much more,"

--

"How is this going to help me get any better?" Makoto complained, falling for the third time on his crutches.

Thankfully, Haru was there, easing the pain and helping him up. Haru pulled Makoto up, who was helpless when on crutches.

"We're almost there," Haru pointed to Makoto's dad's car. "We're close I can feel it."

"Haru... we haven't even made it out of the hospital yet," Makoto gestured towards the hospital doors, which were only inches away from them.

"Slow and steady," Haru advised. "The turtle won the race by being slow and steady. Not like the rabbit, who rushed to achieve his goal. "

"Thanks Haru," Makoto nodded with confidence in his chest. "I got this."

Makoto picked up the crutches and dropped it in front of him. All there was left to do was to jump with one foot, the one that wasn't in a support wrap. Haru nodded in encouragement as Makoto thrusted himself forward.

And fell.

Again.

Such a pity, Makoto. I'm sure if you try harder you'll get the hang of it somebody.

--

Makoto collapsed on Haru's couch after vigorous training. 

Just kidding. All Makoto did was use his crutches all the way to his father's car, then Haru drove him to his house. His parents were panicking, but they sent Makoto off anyways, since he wanted to spend the night with Haru. Since their houses were so close, Makoto's parents insisted that he wal- er, hopped there.

Of course, Makoto was quite exhausted afterwards.

"Hey H-Haru," Makoto signaled. "Come here."

"Do you need anything?" Haru asked. "If there is, please don't get up, I'll get it for you. It's the least I can do for you. Since I was the one that broke-"

"Don't sweat it Haru!" Says the man who's sweating the heck out because of he can't properly use his cruthes.

"Sit here," Makoto gestured on his lap.

"Why?" Haru questioned, sitting himself on Makoto.

It felt comfortable, and gave Haru a tingling sensation.

He's so cute I can't... Haru tried his best to not do anything sexual inappropriate to Makoto.

But he didn't have too.

"I'm sorry I had to make you wait for this," Makoto apologized, lifting Haru's chin, bringing it closer to his face.

Finally, FINALLY Makoto was the one that planted a soft kiss on Haru's lips. After seeing a smile grow on Haru's face, Makoto proceeded to give Haru a long, passionate kiss, that left the both of them quite satisfied.

It felt so good, for the both of them, to finally kiss each other without feeling any guilt whatsoever.