Zuccarello Helps Out

New Rangers forward Eric Staal wasn't the only one in Madison Square Garden who will never forget last night.

Vincent Mutone and Catherine De Pinho, two seniors at Connetquot High School on Long Island, went to the game with a sign in the hopes of attracting the attention of one Ranger in particular.

Mutone, 18, brought a sign to the game addressed to his favorite player, Mats Zuccarello, that said 'Zucc! If you give me your stick, she'll go to prom with me!!' The two held it during warmups, and it quickly caught the attention of the blueshirts, including Zuccarello himself.

"Prom is coming up soon and everyone is starting to ask people, and I thought why not at a Ranger game?" Mutone told BlueshirtsUnited.com in an interview Monday night. "I made the sign and it was kind of a long shot. I didn't think anything was going to happen, but we got lucky."

"I thought it was a long shot," said De Pinho, also 18. "We never dreamed we would do this, then we started realizing during warmups because we got as close as possible during warmups, that [the players] noticed it. Not only did Zucc notice, but other players were noticing it. They were nudging him, pointing up to the sign."

As warmups wound down, Zuccarello got a second stick from the equipment team, pointed to the two in the crowd and gave the stick.

"Tears. Started crying a little bit," Mutone said jokingly when asked what his reaction was. "I'm a die-hard Rangers fan, obviously. It's crazy. It's a weird feeling. I can't describe it."

The night — and possibly tears — did not stop there. Following the game, Zuccarello signed the stick with a message for Mutone: Have fun at prom. Treat her right!!

"It was amazing," Mutone said. "It means the world to me ... I can't put it into words. It's a great feeling. Clenching the stick and never wanting to let go."

See, this is why I love Zucc! He's my everything! He's just so cute! I love him! Congrats to Vincent Mutone and Catherine De Pinho! Have fun at prom you two! And as Zucc said to Vincent, "Treat Her Right!"