Chapter9: Invitation

Okay! First of all i like to thank you to the people who read my story, which i reallllllyyyy appreciate. I thought my story would got unread by people. I know I know it just '300' views that's not much at all but to me it is. cause it make me feel confidence in writing this story even more.

now let's continue on the important matter which is the story. please enjoy~ minna!~

***********************************************************

It was a cold winter and the school is empty without student running along. But there's one person walking toward somewhere in a hurry. Well as quickly as she can go with a tall paper stack on her arm. Fiona huffed as she speed walk toward the office she almost out of breath and her arm and leg are tired. She took a turn around the corner and was bump into someone. "sorry..." Fiona state as she quickly pick up her fallen document, ignoring her surrounding completely afterward.

Why!? Why...why...why! the only holiday where I can rest and do nothing...I have to sent this stupid document!! Fiona huffed in anger still picking up the paper from the ground. She been running around the school ground to sent document to different teacher to be sent to the office after they sign AND report it into her computer before arrange it into the file drawer according to date. She been doing this for a week now and she did it alone while the other gone home for the holiday.

She sigh and gasp suddenly, she finally notice the person she bump into as the said person hold the other stack of paper. "Need some help?" There he stand with his gentle smile making Fiona blush. He really do have a way to make girls swoon, that Prince Derek for you. Fiona only nod and started to walk with head down, a red face and a fast beating heart.

The two have been running around the school for hours now and finally stop for lunch with the teachers permission. The two flopped down onto the chair in the cafeteria and tiredly pant as they wait their lunch. They ate their lunch and have a nice conversation until they were interrupt by a cough. The cough was from Nikki who is standing behind Derek. "Hello Derek~" She said ignoring Fiona entirely. Ceh! She always interfere my time with Derek! I calm my nerve and just continuing eating my lunch.

"So...a week before Christmas Eve I'm having a party. Do you want to come along?" Nikki flutter her eyelashes toward Derek while he looked away thinking. Then he look at Fiona then turn to Nikki and ask. "Only me or the both of us?" That question surprise Nikki a bit and she still kept her smile. "Of course the both of you! Fiona is my gal, I never left her out, she even know about the party before i even invite anybody else." She smile and look at Fiona with her eyes close smile. Fiona got the message, 'said that it the truth!' and so she nodded confirming Nikki's statement even if it was a lie.

Even though I don't like her now doesn't mean I didn't knew about her. Fiona kept her gaze downward and eating, making herself disappear. Nikki want to be in the spotlight so just let her be, don't disturb her at all. As she finish her last piece of food she stood and send away her dishes. Fiona ignore the other two and continue her work before.

For a whole week, Fiona has been delivering, stacking, typing and arranging document all day and all night. Fiona was dead tired and so she flopped down to her bed nearly drifting into sleep. Until a knock on her door woke her up. She reluctantly get off her bed with a groan. she rubbed the sleepiness out of her eyes as she open her door.

First thing she saw was a pair of gleaming green eyes, then a charming smile. She blink twice and the third but it was not an imagination. There in front of me was the Prince with a...duffel bag? "uh...what with the duffel bag?" Fiona ask pointing the bag with a raise of an eyebrow. The prince just look at her with astonishment. "You don't remember?" Fiona shook her head showing him that she didn't remembered anything and have no idea what he is talking about. Derek sigh.

"We were suppose to be at Nikki's house a day before the party for a sleepover, remember?" Oh...wait. What?! A sleepover a day before the party, no one tell me this! "Nikki said you knew when i was about to leave but I was worried so came by, Thanks goodness I did." Like heck I knew! a sigh and Fiona walk back inside a took out her on duffel bag. She took what is necessary and change her clothes in mere 15 minutes. Soon they left the school ground and headed to Nikki's.

The one who greet them by the door was Nikki and she immediately hug Derek. But upon seeing Fiona behind him, her cheerful face turned into a scowl. She look at Derek and kissed him while pulling him inside, completely ignoring Fiona. That's good no one can disturb me this way. Fiona close the door behind her and went upstair. There she saw a butler cleaning the hallway. "Excuse me, I know Nikki doesn't really prepare a room for me today...but could you spare me a room to sleep tonight?" The butler nodded and lead Fiona to a room. He left after she said thank you.

Fiona slouched a bit as she dropped her bag. She drag her tired body to the king size bed and flopped down onto it. Not even 1 minute she already fall asleep. All those work tired her out and now she just want to sleep. But poor Fiona for she will have the most saddening Christmas of all in her entire life. May she have a peaceful sleep because she might need it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All right that's all hope you enjoy it bye bye.