Nobody's Angel: Ch. 8 {A Vampire Romance

The past couple of days have irrevocably changed my life forever. I was kidnapped Friday, learned about vampires and soul mates Saturday, and fought with Marshall Sunday. I was emotionally drained, to say the least.

Friday came and, as usual, I woke up in Seth’s arms. I sighed, still not used to having someone sleep in the same bed as me, but not able to deny that it was nice to not wake up alone, to have a feeling of security, knowing someone was always there to keep me safe in the night if anything were to happen.

I mentally slapped myself, hard. I was only sixteen! Plus, I had only been here one week. And I thought that it felt nice to sleep in Seth's arms? I hadn't even known the guy for more than a couple of weeks! Not to mention the fact he sprung on my the day after he kidnapped me. You know, the one that he was a vampire and all. I needed to get a grip.

With some force, I was able to wiggle my way out of Seth’s cage of limbs.

Just as I was about to stand up, arms snaked back around me, keeping me in place. “You didn’t think you’d get away that easily, did you?” Seth whispered in my ear, his mouth so close that his lips lightly brushed my ear whenever he talked.

So close… I thought, eyeing the door longingly.

“Not close at all."

“I was almost out the door!” I retorted.

“So?” He smirked at me. “You think you could out run me?” His arms were gone for a second before they were back. “You think you’re stronger than me?” he continued. There was a fairly large stone in his hand; he had gone outside and back in that second. Without effort, he crushed the stone, turning it to powder with only two fingers.

I was awed, my eyes wide and my mouth gaping open. I’d never seen him act so much like…himself. He’d always acted like a human, but that wasn’t him. Seth was a vampire. I noticed he was breathing heavily.

“Go,” he breathed, his breath swirling around me. His breath smelt like caramel. I breathed deeply, savoring the smell. He turned me around and kissed my forehead. I closed my eyes. It was times like this that I just wanted time to freeze, locking us in place for eternity. I would be happy.

When I pulled away, his eyes were red. I pointed it out.

Seth nodded, his black hair falling in his eyes. “I need blood. And your scent…it’s not exactly helping. At all.” He closed his eyes and breathed deeply.

I knew I should be scared. My brain was screaming at me, telling me to run away, never come back. But I just couldn’t. For some reason all I felt was an overwhelming sense of calm.

For a couple of minutes, I just stared into Seth’s red orbs, trying to figure out why I didn’t run away, get out of there as fast as I could. And he stared right back at me.

“Go,” Seth repeated, more forceful this time. I got a grip on myself and scrambled up, walking away from him before I did something I would regret.

I waked to the kitchen with ease, grabbing a doughnut and a glass of milk before leaning against the counter.

A couple of minutes later, Seth came in, clocked me standing there, then seemed to disregard me presence. He flashed to the fridge, yanking it open and pulling out a bottle of thick, red liquid. He popped the top and chugged it, not stopping until not one drop was left.

I watched in fascination. He looked so natural. He shot me a look that clearly said Get out of here, but I stayed put. If he didn’t hurt me before, then had some blood, how bad could he be now?

One more bottle and Seth turned around to face me, green eyes back. “You shouldn’t have seen that,” he told me.

I shrugged. “If I’m gonna stay here, I might as well see it. It’s who you are, Seth, and you can’t change it.”