Nobody's Angel: Ch. 17 {A Vampire Romance}

Seth and I were calmly watching TV in the living room. I was starting to think we should just get a TV in our room; wait, that would mean practically never coming out. Anyways, most people would find this relaxing, but I didn’t. This is all we had done for the past two days. I was completely dependent on those taking care of me. I could feel myself getting more and more anxious with every passing second. Three, two, one…

“I’m tired of this!” I burst. Prince shot up from my lap, twisting his head in all directions, growling at nothing in particular. “How can people stand it? There has to be some kind of cure to make these bones heal faster!”

Seth easily put an arm around my shoulders, throwing me a soft, patient smile while he pulled me back down, guiding my head back to its original spot on his chest.

“I know you’re frustrated, love,” he told me in a smoother, huskier voice than usual. His accent was also more pronounced. I tilted my head up to look at him. “You just need to be patient, and-”

“I’m Eva! I’m not a patient person! I have to do something!” I scowled dirtily at my four casts. It’d only been four days and I was sick of the things. “Besides,” I started dazedly, not really thinking about what I was saying. “Don’t vampires have some kind of amazing healing ability?”

“Yes, we do unless it’s something vital like the brain, skull, neck, spine, or a main vein. Then that could kill them.”

“Why is it like that?”

“A vampire’s body wants to be perfect. That’s why we’re all so physically good-looking. Don’t give me that look. I own a mirror, and I’m not being conceited. It’s just a fact.”

“Could that healing ability be transferred to say… a bruise or cut or something on a human and heal it?”

            “Yes. Angel, where are you going with this?”

“What would you have to do? Put blood on it, or-”

“No, blood would change the person once it gets into their bloodstream. You can use blood or venom to change someone. Saliva is the key to the healing ability. Why?”

“I was thinking…couldn’t you put saliva in, like, a needle or something and inject it into my bone? Wouldn’t that make the bone heal?” I winced when I stretched my neck too far from the bruises of that chain. “Hey! So why haven’t you healed my bruises for me?”

He smirked. “You want me to?”

“Yes!” I replied without thinking.

“Okay.” When he started leaning in, I realized what I had said.

“Wait! Just a second! I didn’t think that through!”

“That’s okay,” he whispered huskily, pushing me back onto the couch. “It’s not like we haven’t done this before…” His lips slowly started moving over my skin. He started at the top of me, flicking out his tongue every now and again to actually get the job done, but not leave a trail of spit everywhere. He moved to my cheeks, my nose, my forehead, my face in general. If I was being truthful, I was pretty content. It felt nice just knowing someone cared for me so much…

Completely avoiding my lips, he started working on my neck, getting rid of the bruises first before he did anything funny, which I appreciated. As predicted, when he finished, his signature smirk was on his face, and I could feel it on my neck seeing as he didn’t remove his mouth.

Quickly fleeing to my soft spot, he roughly kissed the skin there. Taking it a little farther than what he usually did, he started sucking on it, giving me little waves of…was that lust? Pleasure? Passion? I didn’t even know. Later, I figured to blame it on the fact that I was still not used to this kind of stuff.