Nobody's Angel: Ch. 19 {A Vampire Romance}

Every muscle in my body was stiff as a board. My breathing quickened as I panicked. I had only been waiting a few minutes, and I was already realizing the errors of my ways. I was so stupid! This was Seth Valdez, the Prince of Vampires, Master of Seduction! He tricked me into having kids with him, and that was when we had spent the whole day together! He was going to be unstable already from being away from me, and now I was going to make him mad? Not to mention that I’m completely defenseless. Well, I know I was before against him, human vs. vampire, but more so now. I was on a pond of thin ice before; now I was on an ocean of the cracking surface.

Just stay cool I told myself. If you start feeling too weak, give in for a little, then finish the argument strong. Strong beginnings are good, but strong endings are better.

The door creaked open, and Seth poked his head in. His eyebrows furrowed when he saw me sitting up, wide awake, but then…all hell broke loose.

Seth’s eyes turned into two orbs of emerald, a scowl appeared on his face, and his muscles coiled. He walked in to the room silently, predatorily. “Who,” he asked, voice deadly, “is that?” He pointed the wall in general, since there were about twelve posters on each wall.

I rattled off the name of the shirless model, staring out from fifty posters with frozen eyes, unaware of the trouble his body- which was meant to be admired, but that's beside the point- was going to cost me.

“Why is his picture in my house?”

“I put him there.”

“How and why?”

“What do you mean, how?”

“I’m not playing games here, Angel. You have broken wrists and ankles. Who helped you?”

“People,” I shrugged carelessly. “I thought of the idea myself, though.” I probably shouldn’t have said that. I watched in silent fear as his jaw clenched, as well as his fists.

“Why is he there?” he gritted out, like he was quickly losing patience with a child that understood something, and was faking being stupid to waste time.

“Why not?” That, my friends, is when he lost it. In less than a second, he was on top of me, pinning me down like a trained SWAT agent. One hand retreated to my lower back, sneaking under my shirt so it was skin to skin. The other gripped the back of my head, under my hair, bringing my head a breath away from his. Ready to take on his punishing kiss, I closed my eyes and thought of anything that I knew would drive him crazy. When I didn’t feel anything, I cracked my eyes open. His lips were hovering a hairsbreadth away from mine, curled into a smirk.

“You want to kiss me,” he breathed sexily. That caramel scent I loved so much wafted across my face. I blushed heavily. “You like me better than him. I’m stronger, faster, can protect you better, and sexier. Admit it, Angel; you were just trying to make me jealous. It’s not going to work.”

“Who says I care what you think?” I questioned, mentally clearing my head of anything that could be used against me. “That guy is sexy. Just his abs and body…” I trailed off, trying to focus on anything other than the flash of anger and jealousy I saw in Seth’s eyes that made me feel happier than it should have.

“How many times do I have to say this to get it through that stubborn head of yours, Angel?” Seth snapped. “You are mine. Do you understand what that means? I don’t look at other girls. I don’t see anyone other than you. And that means you don’t look at any other guy. This what’s-his-face,” he gestured vaguely to offending photographs, “is history. He’s not in your life.” 

I knew this wasn’t going to work if we argued too much, so I went on to the next set of pranks. Hopefully they all would work fluently. “You’re right,” I sighed. “I’ll take them down.”