Nobodys Angel: Ch. 9 {A Vampire Romance}

I was surprised to wake up after a dreamless night. I was sure Seth would appear in my dreams. The aforementioned breezed in with nothing but a towel around his waist and dripping ebony hair.

“Morning Angel,” he sang, pecking my forehead.

I groaned. “Too early,” I moaned, digging my face into the pillow and pulling the sheets more tightly around me. I suddenly didn’t have any sheets covering me. I growled in annoyance. Then the aroma of scrambled eggs and bacon reached my senses, and I forcefully dragged myself out of the comfortable bed.

“We’re leaving in an hour,” Seth informed me. I rolled my eyes. As if he would leave without me.

After eating, I got a shower. I wrapped a towel around my body when I got out and cursed myself for not bringing clothes with me. I peeked out the door to find my vampire soul mate sprawled across the bed and surrounded by a ton of papers that belonged on an office desk. He seemed to be enthralled but them, so I crossed my fingers that he wouldn't look up and decided to make a break for the closet.

I timidly stepped out of the bathroom- after making sure the towel was extra securely wrapped around my body- and dashed into the closet to select some clothes. I decided on jeans, a red V-neck shirt, and plain black sneakers. It was nothing fancy, as usual.

When I turned around, I ran right into Seth’s chest. One of my hands were clutching the clothes while the other clung to the towel for all I was worth. Seth put his hands on my waist to steady me.

Color flooded my cheeks while Seth snickered. “Let me go, Seth,” I demanded.

“Not to burst your bubble, Angel, but you’re not exactly in a very good position right now to be telling me what to do,” he retorted, still chuckling.

I sighed, knowing he was right. “What do you want?”

“Hmm,” he mused. “I could get anything I want from you. What should I have Eva, my innocent Angel, do for me? Beg for mercy, maybe?” While he was talking, his accent became more pronounced and he fingered the material of the towel. One little piece of cloth between me and his eyes. I shuddered. One little piece of cloth from me losing my innocence. The thought made my blood run cold and my palms start to sweat. I knew Seth would never do that to me, but he wasn’t afraid to scare me a little and get something in the deal. I was terrified at his empty threat.

“I know,” the prince of vampires whispered in my ear. “I think I’ll pick out what you wear today. You wear it, and I’ll forget this ever happened. Okay?”

I gulped. “And if I don’t?” I inquired, already knowing the answer.

“Isn’t that a little obvious, Angel?” Seth breathed, tugging lightly on my towel. I bit my lip, my hand tightening on the material. “Don’t tempt me to demonstrate for you.”

“Fine,” I told him stiffly.

Seth reluctantly let go of my waist and watched as I stalked past him and back into the bathroom. I made sure to bump his shoulder on the way as my own tiny form of revenge. He chuckled at my small demonstration of toughness. I dressed, dried my hair, put on my usual makeup of concealer and mascara, and slipped on the ring Seth had insisted I wear every day since I met his family. I didn’t care, it was a pretty ring.

When I came out, Seth clicked his tongue disapprovingly. “What did I say, Angel?” he inquired.

“What was I supposed to do? Walk around in a towel?” I retorted.

“You could’ve,” Seth shot back.

I blushed. “Shut up,” was my lame retort. He chuckled at my blush.