First Meeting (Q/READER)

It was a warm Saturday afternoon in New York City, you were at the mall with your best friend Charley doing some shopping for her up and coming wedding day. She was going on about the best man and how you would make such a cute couple. It was depressing enough watching your 37 year old best friend marrying the man of her dreams and you being 38 years old and single with two cats; without having her trying countless times to set you up with boring men with no sense of humour.

Two hours into shoe shopping and you decide it's time for a break making your way to the coffee shop you stop dead in your tracks when you see two extremely familiar faces standing at the counter. You grab your friends arm and whisper shout
"OH MY GOD"
"What's going on" Charley asks you
You can barely muster an answer through complete and utter shock, it feels like your feet are stuck in place
"It's Q and S..Sal..." You quietly whisper directing your glance to the counter.
"Oh my god so it is, let's go say hi (YN)" Charley says grabbing you hand and tugging you forward, before you can object you're standing in front of your to crush and sal vulcano.
"Hi guys, we love your show, can we get a photo with you?" Charley almost yells at them.. You on the other hand cannot even lift your gaze from the ground to look at them, you imagined this situation over and over in your head but never did you think you'd be standing face to face with Brian Quinn in all his beautiful glory in real life. You chance a glance upward and see Charley with her arm wrapped around sal'a shoulder snapping silly selfies.. You mentally roll your eyes and shake your head at her forward-ness. Shifting your glance over and inch your eyes are met with the most beautiful pair of dark brown eyes you've ever seen.. You can't even process how beautiful they are, you slowly feel yourself being mentally drawn in and getting lost in those brown pools.. A sudden crinkle at the side of those eyes has you snapping out of your daze and focusing on the face that the eyes belong to, and there he is Brian Quinn smirking a cheeky smirk and looking amused all the same.. You blush realising you must have been staring.
"What's your name then cutie" Q motions his head towards you
"(YN).. My name is (YN)" you cautiously spit out blushing .. You notice a large grin forming on the beautiful face before you
"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl" Q winks at you, yet again your cheeks flush red.
"So.. (YN) do you want a photo?"
He asks you smirking, you slowly nod your head and pull your phone from your jeans pocket, Q grabs it out your hand and pulls your wrist in order to make you fall towards him, he wraps an arm around your waist from the side and holds you close as he snaps a few smiling photos. You go to pull away and thank him until he grabs you back and places a kiss on your cheek, you close your eyes in order to process that Brian Quinn's lips are on your skin, you're that lost in thought you don't notice the flash or the loss of contact.

Slowly opening your eyes you blush as Brian looks at you grinning wide like a child, you chuckle and shake your head. Brian looks away and starts doing something on your phone you stare blankly at him until he looks up over your phone screen and you see a slight blush creep up on his cheeks, he smiles shyly and motions to your phone
"Just putting my number in .. Eh.. Your phone in case y'no ... You ever wanna .. Ehh.. You ever wanna chat or ehh get coffee or y'no" he explains. You can't help but smile at the cute coy tone in his voice.

You're pulled by the arm and jerked out of the bubble you seemed to have surrounded yourself and Brian with, you turn to see Charley holding your arm and showing you the time on her phone,
"We have to go, got a wedding shower to throw tonight don't we (YN)" you nod slowly having
Forgot all about throwing Charley's wedding shower. You turn to Brian and say goodbye and turn to leave "don't hesitate to call or text me (YN)..anytime" you hear Brian calling after your retreating form, you turn your head over your shoulder and smile a wide smile giving him a short wave.
"Omg that was amazing!!! I can't believe I just met sal vulcano" Charley says grabbing your arm and linking together with you. You smile and nod.

The rest of the night your mind is completely on Brian Quinn and those eyes and that smile and the feel of his arm around you and the feel of his beard tickling the skin of your cheek.. You can't help but think of him and the encounter earlier that day.

Best. Day. Ever. You think to yourself.