This cant be happening... (Q/READER)

3rd person PoV

Shit shit shit you thought to yourself as you sat on the toilet seat, head in your hands and tears slipping from the sides of your eyes.

You can't be pregnant, you'll lose him. You can't be pregnant you cursed under your breath, you had been so busy with your life, with work, with Brian to notice that you had missed your period; more than once. Your mind flashed back to two months ago, where you had both been drunk and had forgotten to use a condom.

Shit, fucking shit..you mentally scolded yourself, slowly raising your head and wiping the tears from your eyes with the back of your hand, your eyes wandering to the white plastic stick laying on the side of the sink unit.

With a shaky hand you reached across and grabbed the cold plastic stick. Squeezing your eyes tightly shut as you brought it closer to you, please be negative, please, please, please be negative you willed the test in your hand.

I mean it's not that you didn't want kids it's that you hadn't really had that conversation with Brian yet, you had been together for 11 months, not even a year yet and it's not like you hadn't heard the chatter about how much Quinn didn't want kids, you knew in yourself that if that test was positive you'd have no choice but to keep the baby, you could never in a billion years imagine giving your own baby away or worse, not letting your child live.

Slowly opening your eyes and pulling the stick closer to your eyes, your heart sank and the tears flew free from your eyes. Positive. You sank to a crumpled mess on the floor, tears and sobs racking your body. You didn't want to lose him, no one had ever loved you like he does and you had never ever loved anyone like you love him.

You lay there, on the bathroom floor, crying, for how long no one knows, but it felt like a lifetime, your eyes never lacking in moisture.

"Baby?" You heard Brian call from the other side of the door, you couldn't muster a reply, just laying there numb.

"(YN), what's wrong?" He called again, knocking lightly on the wood of the door, all you could do was cry harder, louder.

"(YN), are you okay.. What's going on?" He spoke once more before you heard the knob on the door turn and the creak of the hinges as the door was pushed open.

You just lay there, sobs racking your bones, and you held the small plastic stick in your fist, not able to say a word.

In a matter of seconds Brian was by your side, pulling you into his laps and holding you close to his chest. The warmth of him consumed you.

"Baby, what's happened? What's wrong? Talk to me (YN)" he spoke softly, fear and panic laced in his tone.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" you cried, sobbing into his chest. "I'm so so sorry" you sobbed, opening your fist and letting the cold plastic of the test clank off the hard tile of the floor. The sound alerting Brian's attention as he reached to pick up what you had dropped, you squeezed your eyes shut tight and whispered more and more apologies.

"(YN)" Brian's voice broke through your tears as he lifted your chin up to meet his gaze, "(YN)" he spoke again urging you to open your eyes, you slowly let your eyes fluttered open, blurred by tears. "I...I'm going to be a dad?" He questioned, a surprisingly hopeful look glazed his eyes "am I going to be a dad? (YN)" he questioned more sternly, as he held your face in his hands, words escaped you, you merely nodded in response.

"Why are you crying?" He questioned, confusion laced his words "don't you want this?" He asked, a hurt look in his eyes.

"Brian.." You whispered, voice cracking "Brian, of course I want this, but I don't want to lose you" you whispered as you searched his eyes with your own.

"Why would you lose me (YN)" he questioned you once more "because you don't want kids. And we have never-" he cut you off with a finger over your lips "who told you I don't want kids?" He asked "I- I don't know, I read it somewhere online" you confessed, dropping your gaze from his face.

"I didn't think I'd ever get the opportunity to have kids" he admitted "didn't think I'd ever meet anyone who would want to have my kids, not after my engagement broke off... But-" he added before cutting himself off and lifting your gaze to connect with his own once more "I want nothing more than to have babies with you.. I would love nothing more than to have this baby with you (YN)" he spoke softly, running his thumbs across your cheeks to catch the remaining droplets from your eyes.

"Really?" You questioned.

"Of course. (YN) I love you, like I've never loved anyone in my life. I want you and I want this baby. Our family." He spoke softly, leaning down slightly to press a chaste kiss to your lips.

"We're having a baby" you giggled, softly wiping the remaining tears from your face.

"I'm gonna be a daddy" Brian gushed, smile reaching his eyes.

In that moment you felt complete, as you lay in Brian's lap on your bathroom floor, his hand pressed lovingly to your stomach as he pressed millions of soft kisses to the top of your head. You'd never felt more lucky.

Brian Quinn (Q/Reader) - FIRSTS.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें