Goodbye

Chapter 10 Goodbye

Reader's Pov

2 months have passed since I've fallen ill. I know I'm not going to get better, I know I'm going to die. 15% chance of living isn't very much. Jack's been giving me medicine, I've been laying down most the time. My appetite has gone away and I get fevers often. I hate looking at Silver. He doesn't smile anymore, all he does is sit with me on the bed as he gently pets me, whispering soft things. I hate when he talks though. His voice cracks, he sniffles and every once in awhile a tear falls. I don't want to leave him. I don't want to leave him all alone again. I nuzzled his hand with my nose and look up at him. 'Please smile, just once more. I want to see it shining brightly again.' "How is she doing?" Glitchy asked from the door. Silver didn't answer him. "You know, I think she would like it better if you smiled." He quietly said and left the room, shutting the door behind him. Silver closed his eyes and layed down on his back. 'I can't smile though.' He thought as he drifted off to sleep. 

~~~

Silver awoke to what sounded like painful coughing and hacking. Darting up he saw (Y/N) shaking as she/he coughed. "Slenderman! Slenderman!" He yelled for while he himself shook. Petting his/her head he waited for said man to come. Slenderman appeared with Jack and Grinny by his side while Jack looked him/her over. Taking a step back from the bed Jack shook his head and nodded to Grinny. "I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do." Silver sat there continuing to pet his/her head with tears streaming down his face. Slenderman guided the boys out of the room to give them some privacy. "There, there, it'll be alright. It'll be alright." Silver shakily whispered as (Y/N)'s breathing slowly started to stop. Smiling down at him/her (Y/N) smiled back. Looking out the window she noticed shooting stars. 'I wish that he could keep smiling brightly forever.' He/She wished one last time before his/her eyes closed and his/her breathing stopped. 'Goodbye'