12; IDENTICAL CREATURES

Maybe it won't work out. But maybe seeing if it does will be the best adventure ever.

▃▃▃

     IF CASSANDRA GETS a day off for only one day, she will be forever grateful. All she needed now was sleeping, but with all the things going on these days, sleep is not her main priority anymore. She stayed up all night for trying to call her father last night, but he didn't answer. Valack's words kept buzzing in her head like a toxic. She couldn't stop thinking about it, she even asked Deaton's help to find out what is the Black Hound. Since she knew, she didn't want to find out alone because she was afraid the result will not be the same as she had hoped. She drove to school without stopping to think of his words. And based on her situation right now, she is sure that if she's not focus she'll have a car accident. Once she arrived at school, she immediately rushed to the classroom but it failed because she ran into someone. Or two.

"Sorry." Cassandra said without looking at the boys. But pair of hands immediately stopped her go anywhere.

"Whoa, Cassie, are you okay?" Scott asked as he held her hand. When she finally looked up, she saw Scott and Theo. Theo looked at her with a worried face. He noticed her brown eyes were tired and purple bags under her eyes really stand out.

"Uh, yeah. I'm okay."

After the argument with Theo yesterday, their situation became awkward around each other. Of course even though he's a jerk, she still believed in him. But she felt betrayed because so far she trusted the wrong guy.

"Nope. You're not." Scott stated. "Come on. You come with me and Theo, so we can keep an eye on you. Who knows you'll pass out a few minutes ahead because to be honest, Cassie, you look so terrible."

She rolled her eyes, "Fine."

So yeah, she finally goes with these two hot guys. She walked in the middle, flanked by Scott and Theo. What are the advantages friends with supernatural creatures? One of the answers are you don't have to be worry someone will hurt you, because they will definitely save your life first before they save themselves.

"So what are we looking for?" Cassandra started.

"Abnormal behavior." Scott replied

"So we are looking for abnormal behavior?" She repeated.

"Yes. Anyone acting a little weird and... abnormal." Scott answered.

Theo chuckled, "Isn't everyone a little weird in high school?"

"Good point." Scott muttered.

"You remember Tracy went on a killing spree for reading that." Theo reminded as he pointed to Scott's copy of the Dread Doctors book.

"Do you think it's a bad idea?"

"I think Malia almost getting run down by a car is a bad idea." Theo said. "That's why you guys haven't finished it, right?"

"We're going to." Cassandra answered.

Theo sighed, "Look I came here hoping to find a pack. I wasn't planning on watching one fall apart."

"Well, the book is all we've got." Scott replied.

"Then I'll read it too." Theo said.

▃▃▃

     ALL OF THEM stood as they stared at the photocopies of the Dread Doctors book on the glass table. The serenity perfectly surrounding them before Lydia spoke. "My mom's book club usually has more wine."