18; DAMNATIO MEMORIAE

The Devil is real. And he's not a little red man with horns and a tail. He can be beautiful. Because he's a fallen angel, and he used to be God's favorite.

▃▃▃

     THE NEXT DAY, Cassandra found herself with Scott and Parrish at the communication tower as Parrish showed them a video taken from surveillance cameras. In the video it recorded a black-gigantic creature out of the building right after Deputy Clark found the technician's body. The creature looks exactly the same as the creature she saw in her hallucination a couple of days ago.

"This is from the relay station's camera."

"That looked big." Scott commented.

"And too fast for anyone to get a good look at it." Parrish said and looked at both of them. "But you already know what it is, don't you?"

Cassandra shrugged, "I don't have any idea, the Dread Doctors are working to resurrect something or someone. And as far as I know, the teenagers who became their experiment had failed."

"Wait," Scott interrupted as if he realized something. "Maybe it's the last Chimera. The successful one."

Parrish raised an eyebrow, "But who?"

"Perhaps someone we don't suspect." Cassandra muttered.

The three of them went into the building to check again, hoping maybe they will find out more clues. She saw the blood on the ground and almost vomit, looking the blood is not her favorite part. But she sensed there's something on the blood. Scott also seems to realize something.

"You still got a black light?" Scott asked as Parrish handed him the black light.

Scott immediately turned it on and flashed the black light to the blood. True enough they saw the mercury fumes rising of the scene of the attack. "Mercury means Chimera."

"But what was it doing here? Why come here and kill some random communications tech?" Parrish asked in confusion.

"Maybe it just likes to kill. Maybe it's what it does." She answered.

"That's terrifying."

Scott stood up and turned to Parrish, "How many bodies you saw when you dreams about the Nemeton?"

Parrish pressed his lips before he spoke, "Everyone."

▃▃▃

     LATER THAT DAY, Scott asked her to accompany him at home since he didn't have anyone to talk right now. So that's why Cassandra sitting on Scott's bed right now while he was creating a murder board like Stiles. He has the pictures of all the known Chimera and some red yarn. She saw Scott was quite proud of his work, it wasn't until the red yarn wrapped around his wrist. Then, he pulled the red yarn and it pulled off much of his work. He looked annoyed as he threw the yarn away from him. He sighed and joined her in the bed.

Cassandra chuckled, "You are not an expert in that thing."

"I know," He replied, laughing a bit. "Only Stiles can do that."

She stared at him for a brief moment before turning her eyes to his chest. His wound still visible and it hasn't recovered yet, enough to make her confused because she knew that Scott should be able to recover quickly. Scott didn't want to tell her who did it to him. He just said she didn't need to know, but somehow she could tell that Theo did it to him.

"Did Theo do that to you?" She asked, referring to his wound.

"Cassie-"

"Please Scott, just be honest with me."