Ho Down

Bree's P. O. V

Ian emerged out of his closet dressed in a white v-neck, a pair of jeans and a jacket. He tossed my phone at me muttering a 'lets go' and I followed obediently. His attitude was a far cry from what I had anticipated and I was a little disappointed at our anti-climatic drive. I mean it was so much easier to hate him when he made it difficult but somehow when he kept his mouth shut I always seem to be able so see his good points. My mind would keep wandering back to his protectiveness or his thoughtfulness. Ian being thoughtful *snort* that's a laugh. I dismissed the thought but somehow I knew that my subconscious was right. He taken me on my ideal date and then he'd taken care of me when I was hurt. And it was time for me to stop thinking about things that were of no benefit to my resolve. I stole a glance at him and sighed and looked away when our eyes met.

"What?" he asked lightly.

"Nothing," I sighed looking out the window. We were almost to Amber's house.

"Whatever," he grumbled parking the car and getting out.

"You're coming in?" I exclaimed.

I didn't mean for it to sound like an accusation but it did. From what I gathered he didn't want me to come her for whatever reason so why was he tagging along anyway.

"I'm not allowed?" he glare down at me coldly.

"That's not what I meant," I snapped.

"Then what's you're reason for not wanting me here," he demanded.

"Because," I huffed rolling my. "You're not allowed to see the choreography until the showcase. Can't you wait a couple more days?" I asked throwing my arms up in exasperation.

"Yeah, like that's really the reason," he shot back.

"What the f*ck is with you attitude?" I yelled. "What other reason could it be then huh?" He opened his mouth like he was about to say something and closed it back. His eyebrows drew together in a tight line and his jaw ticked with whatever hidden agenda he was b*tching over. "Ya know what?" I shouted when he didn't answer. "Do whatever you want! I don't care anymore! I don't even know why I bothered in the first place!"

With that said I left him there and stomped my way up the steps and into the Hurley's house. I had to remind myself that this wasn't my house as I suppressed the urge to slam the door. I marched into the kitchen and greeted Mrs Hurley who rushed over to greet me with a hug. She really was a nice woman, a little to nice for my liking but I hugged her back anyway.

"The others are downstairs in the basement," he informed me.

"Thanks," I waved making my way down the stairs but before I could greet the others Jessica's voice greeted.

"Where have you been? We been waiting forever," she snapped.

"Chill Jess," Emma complained. "Don't pay her any attention. She's angry with the world because her little boyfriend is a dirty cheater," Emma speculated.

"Eric is not my boyfriend," Jessica shouted.

"Then you don't have the right to be mad," Emma countered.

"Can we just get this clambake over with. Josh is throwing a party tonight and I would like to be present," Amber complained.

"Hey girls!" Dustin peeped his head in the door.

"What?" we all replied in unison. The room was tensed from the little argument we had going "On second thought, imma head out with Ian! We're going over to Josh's place. See ya!" he shouted and made an escape.