Chapter 1

Winter's POV

I woke up that morning in a tiresome manner. However, when I remembered that I would be getting my starter that day, I immediately woke up. I ran into my bathroom with my clothes in my arms and got dressed, putting on a pink hoodie, skinny jeans, and brown mammoth boots. Then, I brushed my blonde-and-light brown hair, brushed my teeth, and ran down the stairs in a blur. I nearly forgot my brown satchel on the way. My mom was down there, happily making breakfast. She looked at me with a grin. "Hi, honey!" she greeted. "You ready for your journey?" "Yeah, I am!" I responded. My mom approached me and gave me a hug, planting a kiss on my forehead. "All kids leave home," she said to herself. "I remember when I first went on my journey with Spike." I thought of my mom's Chesnaught, then asked, "Where is he?" "He's in the garden," my mom replied before giving me a bowl of delicious fruit. "Eat up, dear." I nodded my thanks and sat down at the small three-seated table in the kitchen. I quickly gobbled up the fruit, then put it in the sink and went outside. Spike the Chesnaught was pulling out a weed. "Hey, Spike!" I greeted, jogging over to him. The large dual-type Pokémon looked down at me and smiled. "Ches!~" "I'm leaving for my journey!" I told him, then added, "Maybe you can battle me when I get back!" Spike nodded, and kneeled down so I could pet his head in soft strokes. "I'll be back, buddy," I said with a gentle grin. I hugged the Pokémon, who hugged me back. He didn't do it too hard, though. I waved goodbye to Spike and my mom, then left the house. In the distance, I heard my mom shout, "Come back soon so I can see your new starter!" "Okay!" I shouted back before approaching Aquacorde Town eagerly.