Chapter 4

Winter's POV

I didn't even notice the boy there. He had dirty blonde hair that was swept to the side, and a navy blue shirt with a crimson-colored jacket that was unzipped. "Thanks," Kenzie replied after the awkward silence. I blinked, realizing that I was staring at the boy the whole time. "Sorry for interrupting," the boy apologized. "I'm Charlie (CrazyChar0w0). Nice to meet you two!" "I'm Kenzie, and this is Piper!" Kenzie greeted Charlie cheerfully. "Eevee!" Piper chirped. "I'm Winter, and this is Amber," I stuttered, gently picking up my fainted Pokémon. Charlie looked at my Fennekin, then said, "Hold on." before rummaging through his backpack. He took out a Max Revive and approached me. He looked at me kindly, then placed the healing item onto Amber's yellow fur gently. It glowed, along with the rest of her body, and disappeared. Amber blinked open her eyes and looked at me with a smile. She was now perfectly healthy. "Fennekin!" Amber yipped, but then remembered that she lost the battle. Amber looked away from me sadly, but looked back when I said, "It's alright. You tried, and that's what matters!" "Eve!" Piper nodded as Kenzie approached Charlie and I. We both looked at Charlie. "So, um, where're you from?" I asked. "Dendemille Town," the boy replied with a grin. "Sorry if it seems like I just caught you two by surprise." "No problem!" Kenzie smiled. "Don't sweat it!" "Thanks. Here." Charlie handed Kenzie a Potion. "For your Eevee named... Piper?" Kenzie nodded as she sprayed the liquid onto Piper. When she finished, Charlie stroked the Eevee's fur. Piper purred happily. "Well, that was an interesting battle you two had," Charlie said finally, taking a small step away from us. "I haven't had or seen a good battle in a while. That was pretty good, especially for two newbies. N-no offense." "None taken," I said quickly, then asked, "Just out of curiosity, what kind of Pokémon do you have?" "Oh, I have some pretty tough ones," Charlie replied. "I already completed my Pokémon journey around the Kalos region. I was hoping for another adventure." "M-maybe you can come with us!" I suggested all of a sudden. Kenzie looked at me, and so did Amber, who was now on my shoulder. "Really?" Charlie asked hopefully. "Yeah!" I smiled. "It won't be a problem! Besides, you can help us with tips and stuff!" "Yeah!" Kenzie grinned, now beginning to like the idea of having a skilled trainer traveling with us. "What do you say?" I asked. "Wow, this is so sudden," Charlie said to me. Then, he nodded. "Alright, sure! I won't be any trouble." "I'm sure you won't!" I grinned, excitement beginning to bubble inside of me once again. "Welcome aboard!" "Fennekin!" Amber yipped. "Eevee!" Piper chirped. "Alrighty! Let's get going then, shall we?" Charlie suggested cheerfully. We all nodded in unison and began heading out towards the northern exit of Aquacorde Town that led to the Santalune Forest.