Chapter 10: Sauradia

"It was a pleasure sailing with you again, Captain Silver," Hook said, clasping hands with his old friend. "I hope to see you on the high seas once again."

Captain Silver gave the hand a good shake and then raised a finger and winked. "Aye, Jimbo, it was a mighty pleasure to have you on me deck again. Can't say that I won't miss ya' but mayhaps if we meet on the seas again you'll be givin' me a little break, bein' a pirate hunter and all? I wouldna' want to have to sink your shiny new vessel, eh?"

Hook nodded and smiled. "Of course. I'll give you a wave and look the other way, as long as you promise to behave."

"Haha, oh lad, you know that's a promise I can't rightly keep!"

Hook chuckled and then waved goodbye to the rest of Captain Silver's crew. Waiting for him in a rowboat ready to descend into the water were Jack, Sinbad, and the three girls. Bigbad sat on the deck behind Hook, his glowing blue eyes watching with interest. Hook gave Captain Silver a pat on the shoulder, which startled the sleeping Flintlock, and then turned and left.

The rowboat was descended into the water and Sinbad began rowing it away from The Hispaniola. Bigbad leapt into the water with a huge splash and swam about happily, grateful to have a chance to exercise and stretch. Hook smiled at the sight of the huge wolf and then glanced up at the departing pirate ship. Captain Silver was at the wheel, guiding it back out to sea, its tattered sails catching a strong wind and bulging greatly. Though his stay on the ship had only been a few days long, he would miss it nonetheless. He and his old captain had shared many stories, reminisced on old times, and even discussed the future, though Silver preferred to avoid such talk. He was thankful that he hadn't had the need to partake in any piracy but wished he could have somehow done more for his old friend. Perhaps once he acquired another ship he would save up some gold to help with some of Captain Silver's ship repairs. It was the least he could do.

Ahead lay the massive Port of the Sun, a huge expanse of wharfs that hugged the shoreline for miles and piers that shot out toward the ocean like dozens of wooden spikes. Beyond the wharfs were scores of shops, warehouses, drydocks, and inns bustling with activity. Ships of all sorts and sizes glided in and out of the busy port. Some were frigates, corsairs and brigs with several masts and square sails while most were the sleeker Sauradian ships with triangular, lateen sails, lighter hulls but far greater speed and maneuverability. Hook watched a dhow skim by, its crew preparing nets and tackle for a fishing excursion. A xebec, a much larger ship than the dhow which was little more than fishing vessel, with many cannons and dozens of crewmen cut through the water right beside the rowboat. Its wake made the small boat bob about wildly, much to everyone's chagrin, but Hook was nevertheless impressed by the speed of the passing ship. Jolly Roger had been a swift vessel but these Sauradian ships seemed impossibly fast and would have easily overtaken her. Hook had had few dealings in the southern seas, strict and constant Sauradian patrols keepings its water free of most pirates, thus seeing the sleek ships was wondrous to him. He began to imagine himself on one, chasing pirates and catching up to them before they ever had a chance to even load their cannons. Perhaps he was destined to captain one of the unique and fascinating ships.

"What's a man o' war doing here?" Jack asked, snapping Hook back to attention.

Hook spotted the huge ship of the line immediately. With its towering masts, multiple gun decks and massive size it was rather hard to miss. He produced his spyglass and studied the obviously foreign vessel. "It's one of King Charming's vessels. It flies the crown and sword of Frenis."

Sinbad glanced at the vessel and shrugged. "King Charming always had had strong ties with Sultan Ali Baba thus it's hardly surprising to see one of his ships here."