Chapter 1

I slowly open my eyes, instantly regretting it. The light escapes the curtains protection and wanders into my eyes. I stir, turning my back towards the light. I close my eyes again. I feel someone turning next to me. My boyfriend, Bradley Will Simpson. I open one eye and look at his handsome face, his brown curls all over the place. "Are you awake?" I whisper. "I am now." He responds opening his eyes. "Morning." He says kissing my forehead. He ruffles his hair, so the curls are somewhat in place and not covering his forehead. I sit up and look at my phone to see the time. 8:30am. I stand up and walk over to Brad's side of the bed. He turns, grabbing my hand softly. "Come back to bed. Please." He says pouting. "I have to get ready for work Brad."  I say in reply. "Please Katherine, just ten more minutes." Brad says begging. "I wish I could." I say getting up to walk away. But he doesn't take no for an answer. Brads stands up quickly and drags me back causing us both to land on the bed. He locks our lips together. I pull away smiling and touch his cheek with my hand. "I need to get ready, and so do you if you don't want Joe to be in a bad mood when you turn up late. I bet Con, Tris and James are all up getting ready." I say convincingly to Brad. We both get up. Brad pulls on his tracksuit bottoms and walks down the stairs. I walk into the bathroom and turn the shower on. I open the cupboard and pull two towels out before locking the bathroom door.

I pour my shampoo into my hand and rub it all through my long brown hair, washing it. I put my head under the shower to rinse all the shampoo off before covering my hair with conditioner. "Katherine!"  Brad shouts making sure I can hear him. "Yeah."  I shout back downstairs. "What do you want for breakfast? I'm making pancakes!"  Brad says. "Pancakes sound perfect."  I say all excited. Brad knows exactly how I like my pancakes. "Will you two quieten down. I'm trying to sleep here."  Connor says tiredly, but loud enough so both of us can here. "Sorry Con thought you'd be up and ready to go."  Brad says apologetically.

-

I turn off the shower and get out, putting a towel around me and around my hair to make sure I don't leave and trail of hazardous drips on the marble floor. I walk back into the bedroom I share with Brad and dry my hair before opening the wardrobe doors. I scan my eyes around before finding my work clothes. I slip my pale pink blouse on and then my black trousers before pulling out my black heels. I sit down at my dressing room table and do my makeup. I decide to put loose curls in my hair instead of leaving it straight. I finally open my bedroom door and go downstairs. I walk into the kitchen but Brad is nowhere in sight. Suddenly I feel arms wrap around my waist from behind. I turn around and look into Brad's deep brown eyes and smile. "Hi gorgeous."  Brad says pulling me closer to his body and kissing me. "Get a room."  James says walking past us. "We have one. It's upstairs."  I say smirking. "Well use it."  James says in reply to my quick thinking comment. Brad roles his eyes and kisses me once more before attending to the last pancake in the pan. I hear footsteps coming downstairs. It's Tristan. "Morning everyone. Or should I say morning Brad, James and Katherine seeing as SOMEONE isn't up yet."  Tristan says, emphasising on the word 'someone' because Connor is still in bed being a sloth. "Okay, I'm up, I'm up."  Con shouts downstairs in a moody tone. He rushes downstairs and walks into the kitchen. "I'm up okay."  Connor says rubbing his eyes. "Pancakes, sweet."  Con says becoming more Scottish (aka Davy Jones).

-

I stand up from my seat at the dining table and take all the empty plates away. "Thanks Katie."  Tristan says. "You've got a good one there Brad."  Tristan says making me blush, but they can't see I'm blushing under my makeup. "I know she's great."  Brad says smiling. "Do you mind not talking about me as if I'm not in the room please."  I say smiling. "Aren't you all going to be late for work?"  I say sounding like a worried mum on their child's first day at school. "True. I'm going to go in the shower."  Brad says standing up from his seat. "I need to go before we're all late okay."  I say grabbing my handbag and putting my black suit jacket on. Just when I'm about to walk out of the kitchen I hear someone calling me. "Aren't you forgetting some thing."  Brad says pointing to his cheek. I run up to him and kiss him on the cheek. I look at my watch. "I'm definitely going to be late."  I say rushing to the front door and opening it. I walk down the pebbled driveway. Heels are a bad idea when walking on pebbles. I open the car door and drive to work. I look at my watch and notice it's 9:45am. "Drive like you've never driven before."  I say to myself.

-

I arrive at work just in time. I lock my car and walk in through the doors. "Ah Katherine, just in time."  The man at the desk says. "Morning to you too Fred."  I say. Fred picks up his pen and ticks my name off the list of employees. "All signed in." Fred says smiling. "Thanks Fred."  I say walking towards the lift and pressing the button. The lift opens and I walk in. The doors are shutting but I see someone running towards me. "Wait."  The girl shouts. I press the button in the lift and the doors open. The girl walks in. "Thanks Katie."  She says sounding out of breath. "No problem Scarlet."  I say pressing the button that says 3rd floor. "How's Brad Katie?"  Scarlet says chuckling. "What's so funny?"  I say in confusion. "I just still can't believe your boyfriend is Bradley Simpson. Not to mention the fact you live with the rest of The Vamps."  Scarlet says getting giddy. "I've been with him for just over two years."  I say half laughing. Scarlet's phone buzzes.

To Scarlet
Can't wait to see you. Miss you xx

"Looks like someone's got an admirer."  I say teasingly. Scarlet looks at me smiling. "Who is it."  I ask eagerly. "Some guy I met in town. His name's ...Tom."  Scarlet says as her face lights up. "So... you going to text back?"  I say encouraging Scarlet.

To Tom
Miss you too. See you tonight xx.

The lift opens and Scarlet and I step out. "Ah Katherine, just the person I was looking for."  A man says handing me a folder. "Yes Henry."  I say with a warm smile. "Do you mind trying to find evidence on my client? It's just I've got other clients and things at ho-" Henry says but I cut him off. "Of course I don't mind." I say cutting him off. "Thank you Katherine. Everything is in that folder." Henry says thanking me. Henry walks away and goes to sit in his office. "Charming. Why didn't he ask me?" Scarlet asks. "Oh maybe because I'm a better lawyer." I say in a sarcastic tone. I laugh and Scarlet joins in. I open my office door and sit down at my desk and start to read the file. I feel my phone buzz in my pocket. I put my hand in my pocket and pull it out. It's a text from Brad.

To Me
Miss you. Love you. <3 <3 xx

I text him back.

To Brad <3
Miss you too. Love you more. <3 xxx

"I'm so lucky to have someone like him in my life." I say to myself. "You love him so much, don't you?" Scarlet says walking into my office. "How did you know it was Brad?" I ask. "Katherine! Your face lights up when he texts you. You smile so much when someone even says his name." Scarlet explains. "I do. I love him so so much." I say smiling.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading. The first chapter isn't that great but I promise it will get better.

What do you think is going to happen? Comment what you think.

Please vote/comment.

Bye x

~Juliet~