Chapter 8

2 Years Later

Katherine's P.O.V

I walk down the corridors of my local shopping centre, coffee in one hand and handbag in the other. I stop for a moment and pull out my phone and headphones to listen to music. I put both headphones in my ears and scroll down my music. I suddenly stop. I thought I deleted this playlist. It's called... Brad 💘. I open it to see what songs are on there. The playlist consists of all the songs that remind me of him. Wait... why am I torturing myself? I press back and decide to listen to Arctic Monkeys. I hum along to Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High? I'm in another world. But I'm brought back to reality when someone pushes me, causing my coffee,and some things out of my handbag, to land all over the floor. Great! I look down at my coffee all over the floor. I pull out my earphones and bend down and pickup some things that fell out. I feel a presence in front of me, helping me. "Sorry, it was an accident."  The person says. It's a male. "It's fine."  I say. We both stand up, and I lift my head. Amazement covers my face. I look straight ahead of me, into familiar deep brown eyes. It's Brad.

Brad's P.O.V

It's Katherine. She hasn't changed one bit. She's still the beautiful Katie I knew back then. Her long, brown hair still cascades down her back. Her gorgeous, brown eyes are still dreamy. I could still look into them for hours and hours on end. I still love her as much as I did back then, if not even more. Seeing her again brings it all back. The way she came in from a long day at work and caught Scarlet and I kissing. Katie didn't deserve that. I'm not surprised she left me. I deserved all of what I got. But even after all of these years, I'm still in love with her. "Katherine!"  I say sounding a little shocked. "Hi Brad."  She says timidly, avoiding eye contact with me. "Hi."  I say, scratching the back of my neck with my free hand awkwardly. I step over the spilt coffee, I'm rather close to her. I hand her, her things that fell out of her handbag. She takes them, her hand touches mine briefly giving me shivers. I haven't felt her touch in so long. She takes her belongings and puts them in her bag. "I gotta go."  She says turning around. I can't let her leave, not again. "Wait!"  I say grabbing her arm. This feels like déjà vu. "At least let me get you another coffee." I say hoping she'll say yes. Katie thinks for a moment, contemplating whether it's worth it. Finally, she nods with a little smile on her face. Her dimples showing.

We walk to the exact coffee shop that she got her coffee from and wait in the queue, in complete silence. She goes on her tiptoes, trying to see which coffee she got before. She's struggling to see, she's short. I suppose that's a bit rich coming from me especially. It's obvious she can't see, and it's not helpful that there's a tall person standing in front of us blocking the view of the menu. I put my two hands on her waist, lifting her up so she can see. She giggles. Her laugh is so sweet. I put her back down after a minute or two. "So do you know what you want?" I say, another déjà vu moment. "Yeah, I think I might get a cappuccino this time."  She says turning around to face me. "Listen, Katie, can we talk?"  I say worriedly. "Yeah, I guess."  She says. "I'll go grab a table."  Katie says as she walks over to an empty table.

Katherine's P.O.V

I walk over and sit down at an empty table. What does he want to talk about? When I saw him, it all came flooding back. But I can't help but still love him. Telling him that I didn't love him was one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made. I do still love him. He hasn't changed. His brown curls still make me smile. His deep brown eyes are still entrancing and magical. His touch still gives me shivers down my spine and makes my fingertips tingle. I sit there quietly. I pull out my phone and scroll down my Instagram feed, liking pictures. I'm interrupted by Brad coming and sitting opposite me with my cappuccino. I put my phone away, back into my pocket. "So, what did you want to talk about?"  I say taking a sip of my cappuccino. "Well, how are you?"  Brad says leaning back on his chair. "I'm good, still a lawyer. I got promoted about a year ago and now have my own office on a different floor. Life's good. What about you?"  I state. "Same old, same old. Still writing music with the boys."  Brad says sitting forward. He's fidgeting, he must be nervous. "Good, good."  I say in reply. "Katie, one question."  "Fire away."  "What happened to the baby? I understand you hate me but I've still got a right to see my own kid."  Brad says over protectively. "You can't Brad."  I say taking another sip of my cappuccino. "You can't just not let me see my own kid!"  Brad says a bit louder. "You can't see her because she's ... she's ... she's de-ad. She's dead Brad!"  I say. A tear roles down my face and lands on the table. I wipe my cheek with my sleeve.