Chapter 12

Ellie⬆️
*******************************

1 Week Later

I've had more dates with Jack, and guess what. He asked me, yes you heard me, to be his girlfriend. You heard correctly, my boyfriend is Jack Baker. He's so thoughtful, and did I mention he's got dreamy eyes. We're all sitting in my living room talking about some random things. By 'all' I mean me, Jack, Connor, James, Brad and Tristan. Yes, I'm in a room with my current boyfriend and my ex-boyfriend. Not awkward at all (note the sarcasm). Well, it could be worse. Me and Brad could hate each other, I suppose. "Hello, Katie. Earth to Katie." I'm snapped out of my thoughts by James clicking his fingers in my face. "Yes, no need to click. I'm not a dog." I say laughing slightly. "I beg to differ." Brad whispers in a jokey tone. "Excuse me Mr Simpson, what did you just say?" I say with a stern look. "I said I beg to differ, about the dog bit." Brad says sounding slightly sheepish. I stand up and walk to where Brad is sitting. He stands up also, intimidating me slightly because he's taller than me. Don't laugh okay, I'm short. "Really Brad, you're saying I'm a dog." I say still with a stern look on my face. "In a nutshell, yes." He says.

"There's only one way to settle this. Staring contest." I say getting 'ooos' from James, Connor, Tristan and Jack. "Game on." Brad says smirking. I can't help but smirk back a little.

I sit down at the kitchen table and Brad sits opposite me, everyone else crowds around but Jack stays in the living room . "Okay, these are the rules. No blinking-" Connor says but I cut him off. "Obviously." I say smiling at Connor. "As I was saying, no blinking, no coughing, no sneezing and no trying to put the other off. Got it." Connor says. "Got it." Brad and I say in unison. "One, two, three. Go!" Connor shouts slightly. I stare into Brad's dark chocolate coloured eyes. His eyes are lovely. Wait, what am I saying. I have a boyfriend.

Brad's P.O.V

I stare into her deep, gorgeous, sparkling eyes. She's so beautiful. I obviously said the dog thing as a joke, but at least I'm staring into her eyes and she's doing the same to me. The stern look is swiped off her face as soon as the contest starts. She smiles her perfect smile, I think she's trying to make me laugh so I'll end up blinking. I don't give in. I just look into her deep brown eyes, full of emotion and love. I'm in another world when I look into her eyes, she's perfect.

I'm so lost in her eyes, I don't notice that I blink. "You blinked Brad! I won." Katie says standing up. I stand up and put my hand out for her to shake. "Well done. You won fair and square." I say as she shakes my hand. Her touch makes my fingertips tingle. "Well I couldn't exactly cheat, could I?!" Katie says making me laugh slightly. "I suppose." I say as the handshake breaks. I miss her touch already. We smile at each other, but the smile is soon washed off my face when Jack comes in and snakes his arms around Katie's waist. "Hiya baby." Jack says as he rests his chin on Katie's shoulder. The word 'baby' in this case is so cringeworthy it's unreal. Katie turns around to face Jack and he leans in, but she moves and just hugs him.

I've had enough, it's killing me to see Katie being close to someone that's not me. I walk out of the kitchen and run out of her house. I run as fast as I can to the park, not far away from Katie's house. I sit on a park bench and put my head in my hands. I feel wet tears trickle down my face. I can't live like this. I can't watch the person I love be with someone else. It's killing me. I hear a noise, like footsteps, and tilt my head up ever so slightly. I look at the person I want to see most but least staring at me. Katherine.

She walks over and sits down beside me. "If I knew you would get this upset over a staring contest, I would have let you win." She says nudging me slightly, making me smile. "What's wrong Brad? Please tell me." Katie says putting her hand on my shoulder supportively. "Katie, listen. It's Jack, he's bad news and always has been." I say turning to face her. "He's changed, he's told me what he used to do and he says he's changed. Guess what, I believe him. I like him Brad. I really like him." Katie says. The last two sentences crush me from inside. "I just don't want you to get hurt Katie. You don't deserve to get hurt again." I say. I know that in a few days or so he'll ditch her for someone else. It's just what Jack does and always has.