Chapter 21

Brad's P.O.V

We both enter the shopping centre and Katie runs into Sainsbury's getting a one pound coin out of her pocket to put into the trolley. I jog slightly and enter the supermarket. I see Katie in the tea and coffee aisle looking through the branded tea bags. She picks up a packet and proceeds to put it in the trolley. She moves her gaze to the coffee section and I walk forward, towards her. "What's the rush?" I ask her as she scrolls through the coffee brands. "I don't want Ellie to get worried." She replies not lifting her gaze. "I thought Ellie worked late on Mondays and that's why she's still at the house." I say confused. "How do you know that?" Katie asks turning around to face me. "You told me that night you invited me around for a meal." I say smiling. "Yeah I did, but how did you remember that?" She asks in disbelief. "I just did." I say shrugging.

She turns back around and looks through the coffee. I feel the urge to bring her closer to me. I wrap both arms around her petite waist. Surprisingly she doesn't move from my hold. "What do you think you're doing Mr Simpson?" She asks turning around to face me. She places both palms on my chest and looks deep into my eyes. "Getting you back." I say with a serious voice. "Are you now Bradley?" She says smirking. "Yeah." I say. We both move closer to one another and one of my hands moves to her back. She moves one hand from my chest to my hair and twirls a curl in between her fingers. Our lips are millimeters away from one another. Her lips graze mine and she moves her lips to my ear, whispering. "You're going to have to do a bit better than that." She whispers. I can tell she's smirking. She moves back but my arms are still around her. She catches me off guard and she is released from my hold. She goes back to the trolley and grabs the coffee she likes. She places it in the trolley and runs down the aisle.

I see her turn the corner and I run after her. She's not getting away that easily. I turn the corner and I see her looking through the loafs of bread. I go up to her and stand beside her, looking at her. Concentration is plastered all over her face as she reads the brands and labels on the packaging of the bread.

-

We walk out of Sainsbury's and look around at all the different people. I hear footsteps run away from me and my eyes dart to Katie running to a shop window. I jog slightly towards her and look at what she's so fixated on. I see a blue dress with little daisies all over it. I have to admit it's pretty nice and Katie would look gorgeous in it, but then again she'd look gorgeous in anything. I glance back towards her and she's staring in awe. I know exactly what's gonna happen next.

I feel a hand wrap around my wrist and I'm being pulled into the shop. I knew it. Katie drags me towards the dress on the rack and she lets go of my wrist. She searches the rack for her size. She pulls out the dress in her size and runs towards what I presume is the changing rooms. I follow her and wait outside the room she's changing in. She comes out a few minutes later and I'm taken back. She looks amazing. I'm actually speechless. "How do I look?" Katie says stepping back and spinning around. "Horrendous." I say with a smirk once I've regained the ability to speak. "Tell the truth." She says looking serious. "I'm joking, but seriously you look amazing." I say nodding. "Thanks." She says looking down at the dress.

She goes back into the changing rooms and changes back into the clothes she was wearing. She comes out a few minutes later with the dress in her hand. We both walk to the till to pay for the dress. On the way to the till Katie stops and looks at a middle length black cardigan. After a minute of deliberating whether or not to get the cardigan, Katie takes one off the rack that will fit her. We walk to the till and Katie pays for the dress and cardigan.

We walk out of the shop and I check the time. 18:51. WOW! We were in Sainsbury's for over two hours. That's a long time.

The rest of the day consisted of shopping and we went into a few music shops. I managed to get The 1975 Album: I Like It When You Sleep, For You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware Of It; CD. I did buy it on iTunes but I thought it would be nice to have the CD.

Katherine's P.O.V

I check the time. 10:05pm. I've been with Brad literally the whole day. We walk back towards his flat, well my old flat, in the freezing cold. I shiver slightly with the chill in the air. I look straight ahead, there's nobody about. Well I'm not surprised, it is ten o'clock at night. I notice Brad stop and put the bags down so I stand beside him. He takes his jacket off and puts it around my shoulders. "No, Brad it's fine." I say shaking my head. "Katie you're freezing." He says. I just let him give me his jacket. "Thanks." I say turning around to face him. I underestimated the close proximity of our faces.

Brad looks into my eyes with his chocolate brown ones. I lean in but he backs away.

Wait. HE JUST BACKED AWAY!! A few hours ago he was saying he was trying to get me back and when he has me he backs away. What is this?

He just shoves past me, leaving the bags on the ground. I put the bags down on the pavement and walk after him. I walk into the middle of the empty road and tug his arm. He turns to look at me. "I can't do this. I'm sorry Katie." Brad says unscrambling from my grasp. "But I love you." I say as he carries on walking. "Well, I don't love you!" He says in a cold voice. Those five words that crushed me. I just stand there, in the middle of the road, speechless. I'm not able to move from the hatred that's coursing through my body.

I hear the screech of tyres. I turn my head slightly and what seems like two bright lights fill my eyes. The next thing I know is that I feel a force that flings me over the top of what feels like a car and I crash back down to the gravel at the back of the car. Everything goes dark.

Brad's P.O.V

"I can't do this. I'm sorry Katie." I say as I unscramble from the grasp of her hand. She deserves better than me. Someone that treats her properly. It seems like I can't do that. I walk away from the middle of the road, leaving Katie behind. "But I love you." She says as I carry on walking. "Well, I don't love you." I blurt out in a harsh voice. Why did I say that? It's obviously not true. I just continue to walk and I turn the corner.

I hear the loud screech of tyres and worry fills my body. I turn around and hear a loud thud. I run back around the corner and I see a car leaving. I manage to see who's in the driver's seat. I'm pretty sure that's the guy from the restaurant that was with Jack. The one with the tattoo sleeve. My eyes dart and I see a bump in the road. Wait... that's not a bump. That's a body. I run towards the body and my suspicions were right. Katie.

"Katie, Katie can you hear me?" I say frantically.

I grab her wrist and check her pulse. I feel a slight beating sensation and I'm relieved she's not dead. But I'm still terrified about the situation.

I see her move her head slightly. She opens her eyes ever so slightly and pain paints across her face.

"Brad." She says in a mere whisper.

"I'm here, don't worry. I'm here." I say still worried.

"Brad, I- I can't feel my legs."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLIFFHANGER!! I told you there would be drama.

Who likes The 1975? Personally I think they're very good. Sorry it was so short. I've got nothing else to say apart from:

Please vote/comment

Don't forget to follow.😀

Bye x

~Juliet~