Partners in Crime

That gif. XD We're getting closer to 120! Keep the comments coming, all!

Two Times Lords plus one spunky ginger makes for a fun episode! Enjoy "Partners in Crime!"

***

For a woman whose death was imminent, the Alchemist sure wasn't acting like it. Either it was the Creator in her, or she was just bloody stubborn. The Doctor was willing to bet it was the second, not that he would ever tell her.

So back and ready was she, that when the Doctor had picked up suspicious activities going on at Adipose Industries, she would not stop pestering him about getting out of the TARDIS and investigating. He knew better than to argue with her when she was in that sort of state.

So, hand in hand, they headed for Adipose Industries and headed around the back to the basement. As they walked past the guards, the Doctor held up his psychic paper. "John Smith and Alicia Morrow," he said. "Health and Safety."

They were waved on, the Alchemist snickering and leaning her head on the Doctor's arm as they walked. The Doctor simply beamed and squeezed her hand.

***

Little did they know that another woman was on her way to Adipose Industries, having had the same suspicions they did. She entered the main reception and walked up to the lift, holding up her ID. "Donna Noble, Health and Safety," she reported.

The guard nodded, and the smirking ginger entered the lift to head to the lecture hall.

***

"Adipose Industries, the twenty first century way to lose weight," the head of Adipose Industries, Miss Foster, lectured to the audience. "No exercise, no diet, no pain, just lifelong freedom from fat. The Holy Grail of the modern age, and here it is." She held up one of the Adipose pills, and Donna continued taking notes. "You just take one capsule. One capsule, once a day for three weeks, and the fat, as they say . . . "

"The fat just walks away," the film on the screen behind her said.

"Excuse me, Miss Foster, if I could?" a smartly dressed woman raised her hand. "I'm Penny Carter, science correspondent for The Observer. There are a thousand diet pills on the market, a thousand con men stealing people's money. How do we know the fat isn't going straight into your bank account?"

"Oh, Penny, if cynicism burnt up calories, we'd all be as thin as rakes," Miss Foster said. "But, if you want the science, I can oblige."

***

"Adipose Industries," the film said as the Alchemist watched from the doorway to the projection room, the Doctor in there. She was sitting and storing it all in her brain, knowing it wouldn't be too hard to pull it back later. "The Adipose capsule is composed of a synthesized mobilizing lipase, bound to a large protein molecule. The mobilizing lipase breaks up the triglycerides and stored in the Adipose cells, which then enter - "

That was when the Doctor got out of the room. "What did you tell him?" she smirked.

"Health and Safety," he answered. "Film department."

He winced as the Alchemist had to get out of the room before she started laughing hysterically.

***

"One hundred percent legal, one hundred percent effective," Miss Foster smiled at Penny.

"But, can I just ask, how many people have taken the pills to date?" Penny asked.

"We've already got one million customers within the Greater London area alone, but from next week, we start rolling out nationwide," Miss Foster answered. "The future starts here, and Britain will be thin."