Exit Wounds

Man, this one was long. 11,218 words, to be precise.

In more words, a lot of stuff goes down here. Comment to tell me who good (or horribly) I do. Enjoy!

***

"Gwen, texting you the location," Ianto said into his phone as they walked towards the abandoned building. "Appearing four or five signs of life, definitely nonhuman. Get here as soon as you can."

"So, sure they're not Weevils?" Owen asked.

"Don't think so," Tosh shook her head, checking her scanner. "Different energy patterns. I can't make sense of it. Not a species we've encountered before."

"Well, let's hope they're friendly, then," Owen muttered.

"Sweep together," Jack said, pulling out his gun. "The sooner we get this done, the sooner I get to Lexi."

"You really like her, don't you?" Tosh asked as they worked their way through the building.

"You'll need to meet her to understand," Jack smiled softly. "She changed my life. Literally, it's because of her I'm like this."

"Ah, so now we know who to blame," Owen snorted. "Wonderful."

"Owen," Jack snapped. "That's my little sister."

Owen muttered incoherently, but Tosh paused when they made it to the upstairs floor. "Toshiko?" Jack asked.

"New life sign," Tosh frowned. "This one's odd . . . it's saying - "

Before she could finish her thought, they heard running, and all four aimed their guns - only for Jack to instantly lower his when a pretty blonde wearing a pale yellow sleeveless blouse, white jeans, brown horseback riding boots, and her hair in a bob-style haircut, a white denim jacket draped over her shoulders. She was holding a blaster in one hand, and her other reached out and grabbed Jack's hand when she passed. "Run!" she shouted, yanking Jack after her, who immediately turned tail. "Come on, run!"

"Why?" Jack shouted as he ran after her, the rest of his team following.

"Because those bombs are about to go off in five seconds!"

"Bombs?!" Ianto yelped.

"Five of them!" The blonde stopped in front of a blue police box, opening the doors. "Inside!"

"What?" Owen stared at her. How did she expect them to fit inside a police box?!

"Go!" she shoved him inside. Jack pulled Ianto and Tosh in, and the blonde stepped in after them. It was only a second after she closed the door that the box rocked with the force of a massive explosion.

"There we are!" a hyper man's voice said. "Safe and sound!" Owen spun around to see a ridiculously skinny man by a spaceship console, wearing a brown pinstripe suit, a ginger woman in a dark blue blouse and slacks smirking as she worked with him. "Landed inside to wait for you lot, only to find that there were five bombs inside programmed to go off the moment Jack entered the building. So then, being the genius Alice is - " He broke off, suddenly looking past the Torchwood team, and he blanched. "Alice!"

Owen turned to see the blonde girl, Alice, grimace as she took off her jacket, and his jaw dropped when he saw the rapidly growing blood stain on her blouse. "And that's the second time I've washed this," she grumbled, wincing as she tried to stem the flow.

"And that's why I told you not to use that arm!" the man ran over, Jack also going over to help her.

And that was when the team noticed - the police box was huge! And it wasn't even a police box! "Yeah, it's a spaceship," the ginger patted Owen's shoulder as she walked over, hovering over the skinny man as he worked on patching up Alice's shoulder. "And he's rude and will forget to introduce himself."